cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 3 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Why can't I use the my serial number or product number to search for my drivers?

HP Recommended
HP Elite 8460p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Elitebook 8460P.

I boot up in BIOS, got to System Information. Get my serial number and product key.

Serial number [Personal Information Removed]

Product number QR88OUS#ABA

When I try to do a driver search specific to my serial number in the "Enter your Serial Number" option.

I get no results, I tried both serial number and product key.

Yet the product exists on your site.

I don't get it.

I also have another post, that I simply don't understand when I bought an Elitebook 8460p right on the box and on the sales sticker, and the sales rep, and your site for this model say I have a Intel HD 3000 Graphics card and a switchable AMD Raedon 6470m HD graphics card, it is NO WHERE.

There is nothing in the Device Manager for it, nor nothing missing or needing drivers.

There is no right click option on desktop for it, yet it is supposedily installed. Along with AMD Catalyst, yet it never shows up in the taskmanager by the clock on the right.

I have also tried fresh installs of Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate, and Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. All of which are supposidely supported according to http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5056901&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4158

Am I just getting ripped off here or what? Does the card actually even exist inside the laptop?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 3 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's actually QR880US#ABA not #35ABA

I even called HP and they had no idea and it would'nt show up on there systems either.

This is what I bought, and in the specs, list the dedicated card as AMD Radeon 6470M.

Device Manager is not showing it, Dxdiag is not showing it. PC-Check Eurosoft is not showing it. BIOS is not showing it.

I wonder since it is a refurb, maybe they just forgot to put it in? LOL

I called where I bought it last week, and they are going to call around to different stores and check to see if the other laptops don't show it either.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation