cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Why does my computer tell me NO WEBCAM detected, when it is built in?

HP Recommended

I have a one year old laptop that is HP Pavillion g7-1070us Notebook PC.

It runs Windows 7

I have been using my Skype a lot lately and with no warning, the built-in webcam stopped working.

When searching for a fix, the computer keeps telling me NO WEBCAM DETECTED.

I haven't made any changes that would eliminate that feature. 

Any help would be fully appreciated.

Thank You

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
88,397 88,282 11,274 24,221
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use this to fix

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02452221    

Links for XP & Vista are in there too.

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
29,389 29,124 2,604 9,700
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chrynthia,

banhien has given you the official answer link and all the help that is available for this.  It is really the best help.

I will fill in the extra for you and try to help you understand some of the extra bits:

These next statements true to the extent of the explanation that follows:

The Device Manager is in charge of  the hardware on your notebook.  The Device Manager keeps track of the devices and provides a way for you to see the connection points.

The Device Manager can only "see" the devices that are connected to it:  keyboards, USB devices (flash drives, etc), fingerprinters (if you have one), and ... webcams.

If, suddenly, something happens and the Device manage looses track of a device for ANY reason, it cannot "see" it any longer.  For all intents and purposes, the device (your webcam) no longer exists.  As far as the Device Manger is concerned, the device is gone, so it says, "No such device detected".

What can go wrong?

Most common failures include:

• Electronic failures - lost signals, driver failures, weird little lost instruction package errors
  • Hardware failures - sudden electronic or physical failures in a particular device
  • In particular, with Webcams: broken or loose wires, crushed wires, or something similar that results in the same thing:  a disconnect from the physical camera that is built in to the notebook.

If you go through ALL the suggested fixes for your webcam, including a Hard Reset of the notebook (which might work!), then it is time to consider that MAYBE you have a hardware issue.  It is not uncommon for webcams to break - they are fragile.  Webcams are not usually terribly hard to fix (lots of YouTube howto videos out there), or you can send/take it in to a shop.

===================================================================

The Hard Reset:

This method works for a variety of Driver connection and ‘stuck’ program issues.

• Shut down the computer
  • Disconnect all external devices - everything.
  • Remove AC power and the battery
  • Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
  • Reinstall the AC power cord for first startup ** See Note
  • Power on - Log in
  • Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery.

** Note:  If time is short, reinstall battery the first time and be done with it.

Reference:

Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues

===================================================================

Good Luck!

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation