cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hotrodjohn71
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

WiFi Won't start automatically at startup anymore on Compaq Presario CQ60 215DX

HP Recommended

Wifi had been starting up automatically fine until I dismantled my computer to re-grease the heat sync.

I re-assembled the computer and everything worked fine except that WiFi will not start AUTOMATICALLY like it used to. I tried removing the ATHEROS AR5007 wifi card again, and carefully re-installing it, but same problem.

WiFi DOES WORK when I use the button and manually turn it on, but I have to manually turn it on every time I start up the computer now. It worked automatically before.

Also, I just installed Windows 8 Pro, and same results.. no AUTOMATIC startup of WiFi

I have done much investigation of this online and tried many things. Now I bring this problem to this forum and hope you can help.

Thank You, John

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
hotrodjohn71
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I solved this problem.

Here is what I did and hopefully it will help someone else with the same problem.

First I went to install Wireless Assistant from the HP website, but although the Wireless Assistant downloaded, it would not load on my system because I had a ".NET" framework which was too low.

The Wireless Assistant requires a version 2.0 or higher which I didnt have. So I went to download the latest version of the .NET framework, but I couldnt download it because there was another error, which I dont have here to share at this moment, but upon research on this forum, it was determined that I need to download all Windows Updates.

I downloaded all updates, then was able to download the .NET framework, then was able to download and use the HP Wireless Assistant, and set the WiFi to be in "ON" mode which solved my problem!

The WiFi comes on automatically now upon computer startup just as it had before!

Thank you again to you folks on this site because many questions I had were answered through searches that brought me to this Forum.

Thank You and God bless you.:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
UniProg
Level 9
4,677 4,711 236 575
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello hotrodjohn,

Thank you for your post regarding how you solved your wireless connection issues.  I'm happy you found the solution that helped you, and hopefully your information will help someone else. 

Thanks again!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
0 Kudos
Bobdulla
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried that, I had ALL RECENT Updates. I checked for the Update. All that happened was, It locked up my update manager & I had to do a TOTAL System recovery.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation