cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bericade
Level 2
30 17 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Win10 Anniversary update - display refresh issue

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I didn't have a choice to update to the anniversary update. Following the update - the screen doesn't always refresh very well - sometimes there is gobblygook when switching windows.

I have a 2560x1440 display.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
19,389 19,329 1,800 4,279
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Win10 Anniversary update - display refresh issue

bericade

Just like the original Upgrade, this new Update tends to work the worst when it is done through Windows Update.

What might work, in your case, is something known as a Repair-Install.  This is the least destructive of all the Windows recovery functions and rewrites the Windows system files, including the drivers, leaving your data, settings, and applications intact.

To do this, you will need to use the link to download Win10 installation media and either burn a DVD or create a USB stick: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10

Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  Make sure you select the same version as needed for your PC. If you do not, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!

Once you have that media, follow the instructions in the link:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation