cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ZeljkoB
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Win10 and Fingerprint issue after upgrade on older Elitebooks

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8470 8570 2570...
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have upgraded my EB 8470p from Windows 7 to Windows 10. In order to perform upgrade I hvae had to unistall HP Client Security (used for many items but one of most usefull is log in to windows with fingerprint)

After upgrade my fingerprint reader became useless, since I could not set it up. There was no Windows Hello but there was driver showing up in Device Manager's tree.

Since I spend some time on this issue I want to share my finding with You, who ended up in the same situation.

So, here is what I have to do since I've used HP Client Security on Win 7, 8, 8.1 and now cannot use Fingerprint Log-In in Windows 10 after upgrade on HP Elitebook 8470p. This should wotk also on 8570p/w, 2570p and I belive on some other HP devices.

You remember that Windows 10 asked you to remove HP Client Security, and you did it, but you should remove also your data from it and Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver. If you didn't do this completely, and you managed to update to Win10, find old installations, install it again (I mean HP Client Security and Validity Fingerprint sensor driver for OS that you have used previously) and than remove it in following order:

1. Uninstall Validity Fingerprint sensor driver from Device Manager in Win10 (if there is any)

2. Uninstall HP Client Security (I've used SP65637.EXE on my EB 8470p)

3. Uninstall (by starting installation utility) Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver (I've used SP66915.EXE)

4. Reboot machine

5. Download Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver for newer Elitebooks, like 840 G1 from: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5212842&swItemId=ob_134806_1&swEnvOid=405...

6. Install it

7. In win10 go to Settings / Accounts /Sign-in options. Now you will have Windows Hello. Enroll minimum two fingers from different hands.

This should do it, and I hope it will help someone.

3 REPLIES 3
ZeljkoB
Author
Level 1
6 4 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again,

Last night I've found another solution to this issue on HP Elitebook 8570p. A bit simplier.

After upgrade to Windows 10, again VSFD was not unistalled before upgrade, so:

* I runned windows 7 installer for Validity Sensor Fingerprint driver and removed driver, uninstalled remaining driver from Device Manager and reboot machine.

* Than entered BIOS and reset Fingerprint reader!

* When Windows 10 booted up, I've installed Validity sensor fingerprint driver for WIndows 10 (link in previous post) and enrolled fingerprints in Windows Hello.

Nice to know that there is more than one solution to the same issue.

BTW, since there is no working HP Client Security for Win 10, that I used mostly to log on web sites and applications throug IE; I use now KeePass2 as a replacement for HP CS.

If someone finds other workaround to this issue, it will be nice to know.

P.S. The same happened to my colleague with upgrade on HP Elitebook 840 G1 (Win7Pro to Win10Pro), and this flow worked out.

BR, Zeljko

0 Kudos
JeffBanke
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the link you gave to get my finger reader to work, but get a

SERVER NOT FOUND message

Firefox can't find the server h20564.www2.hp.com

BTW have the same problem upgrading both of my 8470p computers and my HP Pavilion dv7

0 Kudos
Jaso23
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much!! I've been trying to figure out how to set this up for like three days now and I got stuck! I'll try this and hopefully it works...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation