Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cannot even see my Qualcomm Atheros Router on my computer since the update recently. I used to be to see it through HIDDEN adapter but not it doesnt show up at all.

HP Recommended

Install which driver. Windows 10 installation caused my wifi key to fail: it only changes from Airplane On with a red light and no connection to Airplane Off also with a red light and no connection.

HP Recommended

Mine wound up working again. Sometime when restarted it will not connect to the wifi, but its only 30% of the time instead of the command prompt 95% fail rate it had. Some update must have occured.

HP NEEDS TO GET OFF THEY ASSES and email us back.

HP Recommended

Why would I trust any of the links or answers without HP's express approval? I would not want to risk changing one driver for another. The real link and update should come from HP

HP Recommended

I had a lot of telephone discussion with Microsoft, and the last thing I tried was resetting the BIOS. The F12 key on my laptop now works as intended, wifi is enabled.

The process for doing this varies; for my laptop it meant restarting while holding the Esc key down, which then gave me the plain DOS type of screen with just four options one of which enabled me to reset. On this screen only the arrow keys work for navigation, not the mouse,

But I had to be sure first that I had backed up all the files and could restore if necessary.

Perhaps HP could check this approach and publicise it with the full process on their website.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.