Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OMH7 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 Recovery failed ; Error code: 0xc000000f

HP Pavilion Notebook P1Q20EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the problem with HP Pavilion Notebook P1Q20EA.

Any idea how to solve this?

am not enable to run recovery, although I have recovery disk and the recovery drive is untouched. Anyone here from HP support?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @OMH7,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

This is a wonderful location to converse with  the community, get assistance and find tips . For you to have a rewarding experience, I would like to include the following link for your perusal and reference. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand you are having a difficulty doing a recovery, although you do have disks and the recovery partition. I am glad to help with that.

Here is a link to HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10), which will explain the issue and how to overcome it.

Best of Luck!

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". This will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the" Thumbs up" below is a great way to say thanks!   

Sparkles1

OMH7 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Let me explain the problem:

1. HP Recovery manger: it gives the message below:

-----

Disabled: The recovery partition has been removed.

-----

2. Pressing F11 at startup:

I get a blue screen with error code 0xc000000f and the message below

----

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

A required device isn't cnnected or can't be accessed.

----

3. Trying to boot from the recover disk:

I get the same blue screen

As I mentioned, the recovery drive is still there untouched, and I created the recovery disk using HP recovery manager.

Any idea what to do?

OMH7 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I forgot to add that I did all the updates and did complete virus scan using Mcafee and Malwarebytes.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @OMH7,

Thank you for the additional information.  

If you are unable to access the recovery partition and unable to boot to the disks, then you will need to contact HP support to obtain a recovery kit. You tried to access the recovery manager and you got the message that the recovery has been removed. The partition may still be intact, but the data is missing. If you did not change the boot order before attempting to do a recovery from the disks, it will automatically try accessing  the hard drive first.  Here is a link to  HP PCs - Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS as a guide. If you are still unable to boot to the recovery media, you will need to obtain a recovery kit from HP.   Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please keep updated on your progress.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
OMH7 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I already have recovery disks, so why do u think a new one will make any difference?
The laptop is running perfectly fine. The only problem is that for some reason it doesnt see the recovery drive and cant boot from the recovery disk.
The recovery drive data is still there.
Of course I changed the boot sequence to boot from the disk, but i get this blue screen error.
I saw that other users had similar problem so i think it is related to SW. Please help to fix as I dont think buying a new recovery disk will help.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @OMH7,

Thank you for your reply.

As you are unable to access the recovery partition nor  are your disks working,(they could have become corrupted) that is why I suggested the recovery kit.

As you are still having an issue, please contact HP support.  Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
OMH7 Top Student
Top Student
6 4 0 1
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles

Thanks for your reply. I just purchased this laptop 3 months ago, so it is still under warranty. That's why I don't want to pay for a new recovery kit, while the issue is completely related to how the laptop was configured by HP. Anyway, I will contact HP support and see how it goes.

0 Kudos
Lulu421 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, how did you get on with support?  My 3 month old HP laptop did the same thing today, but has now rebooted OK after completely switching off etc, am worried something going to happen again though.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation