Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 36 (66,476 Views)

Windows 10 Touch Screen not working?

Product Name: TouchSmart m7-j020dx Notebook
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my PC from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.  Since upgrading the Touch Screen / Screen functions are no longer available or working.  

I checking windows itself  there is no Pen or touch input available for this display?

Please Help

Tutor
Message 2 of 36 (66,400 Views)

Re: Windows 10 Touch Screen not working?

Me too. HP Envy 15t-j100 quad. Currently on hold with HP tech support via Costco Concierge. 

Student
Message 3 of 36 (66,349 Views)

Mine works partially. Control Panel>>Systems says I have no pen or touch screen. Touching the screen works just as if I were using the mouse. Instead of scrolling through the start menu, for example, scrolling with my fingers causes the tiles to relocate. This is what would happen if MS wrote only an onClick() function where they should have had onClick() and onTouch(). Surely they're not that incompetent. Well...

Tutor
Message 4 of 36 (66,345 Views)

HP tech support said to call MS. It took hours, but MS called back and couldn't fix it. Will get a call from level 2 MS tech support in two days. It would be helpful if MS or HP acknowledged the problem.

Tutor
Message 5 of 36 (66,237 Views)

I had the same issue after upgrading my Sony Vaio laptop, and found this fix on line... all is now good now with my laptop.

Some installs included an incorrect driver. See this EETI Galax link to insertr the correct driver. You may need to reboot to complete.

Top Student
Message 6 of 36 (65,948 Views)

Hi I had the same problem and found the best solution for the computer. Although hp always recomends that you have the newest updates to keep your computer running, one oh hp's newest touch screen drivers is not compatible with windows 10. So your best bet at getting your multi-touch compatibility working on your touch screen again is to use the previous driver. So these are the steps that helped me solve this issue.

Step 1: Press the windows start button + the "x" key

Step 2: Select "Device Manager" from the list of options

Step 3: Click the drop down menu for "Mice and other pointing devices"

Step 4: If you have 2 drivers there then you have found the correct driver 

(If there is only one I will include instructions on how to find the correct driver for your computer)

Step 5: Select your touch screen driver from within "Mice and other pointing devices" and double click on it to bring up the advanced options

Step 6: Click on the "Driver" tab from within that newly opened window

Step 7: Click "Roll Back Driver"

(That should have reset to the last touch screen driver your computer had. If you have removed the driver that I had you should now only have one driver in the "Mice and other pointing devices" drop down menu and you should have a few new drivers in the "Human Interface Devices" drop down menu)

Step 8: Restart your device so that the computer can configure the changes in drivers

If all goes well your touch screen should work like new again

Now for those who had a single driver in the "Mouse and pointing devices" drop down menu

~Complete steps one and two like you had in your first attempt

Step 3: Click the drop down for "Human interface Devices"

Step 4 : Look for the driver labeled "HID-compliant touch screen"

Step 5: Select the driver by double clicking on it

Step 6: Click on the "Driver" tab

Step 7: Click "Roll back Driver"

If the device was successfully rolled back go ahead and restart your device to let windows configure the device changes.

If worked like it was supposed to your touch screen should work the way you want it.

Tutor
Message 7 of 36 (65,628 Views)

my touchsmart option gone since i updated to window 10.

it says short cut to touchsmart not available, neither does home puxh button on my HP 600 desk top open touch smart screen,

please help

Intern
Message 8 of 36 (65,619 Views)

in had to update the touch screen driver but mine works fine now

Student
Message 9 of 36 (65,535 Views)

It works!!! Thanks a lot!!

Top Student
Message 10 of 36 (63,783 Views)

The rollback is grayed out on my case, What driver should I download to work with Windows 10?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation