Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Windows 10 Video playback issues

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion g6 and currently use Windows 8.1 OS. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and had major problems playing videos coded into my own website and on other main stream websites too - YouTube videos were not such an issue.

Depending on which internet browser I used, I would either experience a dark green screen and perfect audio or black screen with perfect audio or most frequently, on Chrome, I was gettng hesitant/jumpy video playback and a loud buzzing noise on audio.

Neither Microsoft Support nor Windows Support were able to help me and the final piece of advice was to go back to my old OS, which I have done, and wait for an any future updates!! Great help!

Has anyone else experienced this issue and have a solution? I have tried a number of suggestions, including  changing the settings option to gpu rendering from software rendering but no joy.

I'm not a particularly technical sort of person so please go easy on me with your replies.

Many thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Linked2Steve ,

Welcome to the HP Community! I hope that you enjoy your time with us.

I see that you are getting either a dark green screen or a black screen with buzzing audio when watching some videos online. Try right clicking the video and selecting Settings then turning off hardware acceleration.

What is the product number for your g6? There are a number of models in that series and I would like to know what we are working with.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 0 2
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having similar problem.  Starting using Window 10 App (Facebook, ESPN) today and noticed that video playback is stuck in a loop with loud buzzing noise.  This problem is only with Window App and not through browsers.

I've done all off the driver update as well as troubleshooting (via Microsoft) but nothing fixed this problem.

Tried to lookup how to disable hardware accelorator but I can't seems to find that for my computer.

I have HP Spectre (first generation).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @atp015 ,

I see you are having similar issues with the video playback. Based on the fact that it only happens with the Windows App leads me to believe that the problem is with the App itself. What is your product number?  Perhaps, we can look at reinstalling your graphics driver.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 0 2
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The modle number is HP Spectre 13t-3000 CTO.  I had updated the graphics driver last night but nothing seems to work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,476 6,075 339 867
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @atp015 ,

So I took a look at your driver page and so far there is no audio driver from HP available. Keep checking this page as more drivers are getting released everyday. If the sound is playing properly through the browsers but not through the apps then I am leaning towards a Windows 10 issue of some sort. Try running the Windows Troubleshooter mentioned in this HP document No Sound from Speakers.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
4 3 0 2
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just wanted to circule back and close the loop.  My issue have been resolved.  It was the driver for the audio.  After updating all of the driver (via Intel and HP) nothing appeared to work and I virtually went through all of the devices and check the driver.  It was then that I noticed that IDT High Definition audio codec was very old, dated back to 2012.  So I did a little research and came upon this post (

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/idt-high-definition-a...

The instruction from 3Juan was very specific and solved by problem.  It's as follow.

I had a same problem on HP Envy 23 1080jp All in one desktop PC.

I can solved as following.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.

7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Key is step 6.

Cheers!

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issues here, but oh there's more.

I share my local vidios accross my computer network, including 2 xbox ones, a 360, and a PS3. All vidio's that I have downloaded since the instalation of windows 10 do not appear in any of the applications used to play the vidios. On the computer that they reside, Windows library and Windows Media Player do not detect them when you use the application to browes for content.

If I open the folders in windows explorer, on any computer in the network, the videos are there and they are the same format as the older videos. So they sould be detected, but the new opporating system has added something to the download that has made them different. It maybe a field that the applications don't recognize. perplexing and annoying

Point is.... all windows 10 users are having the problem, not just a select few, or separate computer brands.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Just wanted to circule back and close the loop.  My issue have been resolved.  It was the driver for the audio.  After updating all of the driver (via Intel and HP) nothing appeared to work and I virtually went through all of the devices and check the driver.  It was then that I noticed that IDT High Definition audio codec was very old, dated back to 2012.  So I did a little research and came upon this post (

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/idt-high-definition-a...

The instruction from 3Juan was very specific and solved by problem.  It's as follow.

I had a same problem on HP Envy 23 1080jp All in one desktop PC.

I can solved as following.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.

7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Key is step 6.

Cheers!"

I had the same problem, and this worked like a charm!  Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue! Please help!

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation