08-13-2015 04:24 PM
**I have posted this in another area with the same issue**
YES!!!!! A Solution that worked. Spread the news. It has to do with the Intel Virtualization Tehnology. Didn't know what that was until this issue came up in Windows 10.
First, find out if this is your issue.
1. I installed the 'Intel Processor Identification Utility' directly from Intel.
2. After installation, open the program and go to the 'CPU Technologies' tab.
3. If it says 'YES' for Intel Virtualization Tehnology, proceed.
Solution...(at least on my system)
1. The next thing you have to do is go into the BIOS. If you have not done this before, proceed at your own risk.
You need to restart the computer and enter the BIOS (for me I hit F10 at the HP screen)
2. Within the BIOS, there is an 'Advanced Options' section
3. In this section there is a line for 'Intel Virtualization Tehnology' and it will say enabled or disabled. My computer said disabled.
4. If this is the case, change the option to 'ENABLED'; then SAVE and EXIT from the BIOS.
The Computer will restart and from that point on Shut Down, Sleep, etc. has worked. WOW this was a frustrating issue. Almost went back to Windos 8. I take no credit for this solution, I pieced it together from other posts on this issue. Hope this helps.
08-17-2015 10:46 AM
Yup, I've got this but mine was worse - the battery was completely flat in the morning, even when I was sure it was switched off!!
I'm back to the horrible 8.1 but at least all my power settings are working.
I tried the new free Windows 10 support and was told it was my battery!
When I went back to 8.1 I phoned again and told them it was working fine, so not the battery as I had already told them - then it was HP's fault, but by the sound of this thread nobody much cares once they've got your money??
08-20-2015 12:22 PM
This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.
The culprit is Intel. Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 18.104.22.1680 (search Intel site).
I had same problem on my Pavilion 15-n208tx. Running alright after the aforesaid downgrade since last two days.
The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.
Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved... (verified)
08-20-2015 02:37 PM
Thanks for the help, unfortunately as a complete newbie - or even worse an old newbie - that was beyond me. I headed off to the site to try and find the right download, downloaded 3 different intel programs to tell me what I needed and got more and more confused!
However, I did find out I have a Pavillion PAV 15 P001NA (I think 🙂 )
If you have the time and inclination could you give me an idiots guide on what to do, step by step?
And most basic, to I reintsall 10 before I start this or do it on 8.1?