cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 44
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This was helpful on Elitebook 6930p!

- This will expose a checkbox labeled "turn on fast startup"

- Uncheck this

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 12 of 44
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Nothing has worked on mine.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
9 9 0 17
Message 13 of 44
Flag Post
HP Recommended

**I have posted this in another area with the same issue**

YES!!!!! A Solution that worked.  Spread the news.  It has to do with the Intel Virtualization Tehnology. Didn't know what that was until this issue came up in Windows 10.

First, find out if this is your issue.  

1. I installed the 'Intel Processor Identification Utility' directly from Intel.

2. After installation, open the program and go to the 'CPU Technologies' tab.

3. If it says 'YES' for Intel Virtualization Tehnology, proceed.

Solution...(at least on my system)

1. The next thing you have to do is go into the BIOS.  If you have not done this before, proceed at your own risk. 

You need to restart the computer and enter the BIOS (for me I hit F10 at the HP screen)

2. Within the BIOS, there is an 'Advanced Options' section

3. In this section there is a line for 'Intel Virtualization Tehnology' and it will say enabled or disabled.  My computer said disabled.

4. If this is the case, change the option to 'ENABLED'; then SAVE and EXIT from the BIOS.  

The Computer will restart and from that point on Shut Down, Sleep, etc. has worked.  WOW this was a frustrating issue. Almost went back to Windos 8.  I take no credit for this solution, I pieced it together from other posts on this issue.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 44
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution from mwdawson works for me. My laptop is Pavillion dv6000 series and I install Win10 build 10240.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 44
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this problem is making me mad...i tried all the methods,,but its not working....

can anybody help me

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 16 of 44
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue/problem. Tried everything, still no fix.....light is still on. Somebody needs to be able to resolve this or do a lifetime gaurantee on new battery replacement for these laptops.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 17 of 44
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no fix yet. I installed all the current updates from MS, my computer turned off completely once, then back to the lights on phenomenon. 

Is HP even reading these forums???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 18 of 44
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yup, I've got this but mine was worse - the battery was completely flat in the morning, even when I was sure it was switched off!!

I'm back to the horrible 8.1 but at least all my power settings are working.

I tried the new free Windows 10 support and was told it was my battery!

When I went back to 8.1 I phoned again and told them it was working fine, so not the battery as I had already told them - then it was HP's fault, but by the sound of this thread nobody much cares once they've got your money??

Stewart

0 Kudos
Level 2
17 16 0 8
Message 19 of 44
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel. Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15-n208tx. Running alright after the aforesaid downgrade since last two days.

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver fom https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

:TongueOut: Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved... (verified)

thanx

Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 20 of 44
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, unfortunately as a complete newbie - or even worse an old newbie - that was beyond me. I headed off to the site to try and find the right download, downloaded 3 different intel programs to tell me what I needed and got more and more confused!

However, I did find out I have a Pavillion PAV 15 P001NA (I think 🙂 )

If you have the time and inclination could you give me an idiots guide on what to do, step by step?

And most basic, to I reintsall 10 before I start this or do it on 8.1?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation