Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

okay so I should only use the windows update to get the proper driver? will do as I just crashed again so going to nvidia also seems to be the wrong choice.

HP Recommended

it says that I have the newest one, and this is what I had been using the problem is it's much more fuzzy that I think it should be and I can't seem to play dvd's under this driver software. It's the "standard VGA graphics adapter" btw. Is this something I have to just live with?

HP Recommended

@marbanasin

Have you tried going to Control Panel and opening Windows Update to check for updates? If you see a link for 'Optional' updates on that page click it to see what is offered. That is how I got my Nvidia graphics driver.

Btw, what does Device Manager look like_any missing drivers, errors reported?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@marbanasin

Hi,

Is Your problem solved?

Have You found correct drivers for wireless?

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Daniel,Thank you for your guide to upgrade my DV2538TX to Window 7 but I still have the issues to get the webcam and finger print reader worked since both devices were not found even though I did installed the drivers and software according to your guide.Your advice will be appreciated.

Adisak

HP Recommended

no. i mean wireless works so obviously something's there, but I heard a potential culprit for one of my problems, crashing during embeded videos, could be the wireless or modem drivers. I've mostly gotten a bit discouraged and am somewhat content to live without the graphics card at least till the weekend.

HP Recommended

I remember seeing my graphics driver there but can't remember if I'd used it before, as in gotten the link there instead of elsewhere. Maybe I'll try that come friday.

HP Recommended

So i did just update a ton of drivers via the suggested download from windows. My mute button finally goes orange, thank christ. But I'm already noticing the freezes when coming back from sleep or just a moment on innactivity.

HP Recommended

@adisak_w

Hi,

In this guide is only software for webcam. It's not a driver.

Driver can be found only in Windows if it's built or by Windows Update.

Go to: Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Check is there any yellow sign with exclamation mark ( ). I yes then click with right button of Your mouse on each and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware ID . This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Biometric Devices

find there Your fingerprint and post me here Hardware ID of this device too.

@marbanasin

Hi,

Check Your device manager too for question marks and post id's.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

I don't have any question marks in the device manager. Everything seems to have a driver installed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.