Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Well, Intel/AMD users has a lot of progress.

And AMD/AMD users is stuck in this piece of crap.

Sad, but True.

HP Recommended

@aleseba77 wrote:

i have the same hardware id´s as you with my dv6t!!

i suppose HP is testing all the notebooks with this sp59850, i guess sonner or later will be listed on the HP support &driver web

Yea, and hopefully soon than later! 😄

HP Recommended

@Chaand wrote:

@dezurtrat wrote:

I feel for everyone with unresolved issues on this. I know it dissapoints people to no end to have a rig not working correctly. who knew how difficult upgrading to Windows 8 it would be. I dont think microsoft has offered a OS upgrade with so little backwards compatibility ever. I'm hoping as time goes on AMD, HP, or a third party will offer a solution for most everyone. 😞

Thanks for sharing such sweet words

having known upgrading would be such a headache, I wouldn't have tried windows 8 at ALL, nor bought an HP to be honest

Yea, I agree. I spent the first 3+ weeks pulling what little hair I had left out and wondering why the heck I upgraded. What's the point of an upgrade when your PC hardware no longer works??? Not a good thing Microsoft!

HP Recommended
A new driver has posted on Leshcat's site for those that use this

http://leshcatlabs.net/index.php/2012/12/catalyst-12-11-enduro-6112012-unifl-for-amdintel-graphics/
HP Recommended
This was a reply to me from notebook FYI
-------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by HOODY8Well my subsys is on there for my dv7t-6c00 so why wouldn't it work?

"%AMD6740.7%" = ati2mtag_Vancouver_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6740&SUBSYS_185E103C
=================================================================================================

If that's your graphics card's hardware ID and subsys ID string, then I made a mistake and it should be supported in your case. This also means that the AMD graphics cards within the dv6-6bXX / dv6-6cXX and dv7-6bXX / dv7-6cXX family could work with these drivers too, should they have a matching hardware and subsys ID.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my reply.

Right, now the question is would that sp59147 posted here on page 1 be a better choice? since you stated that it had a more updated intel driver?

However sometimes those Intel drivers can cause problems themselves, I haven't looked into the subsys strings listed in that sp59147, what's your opnion?

Also what's your take on that enduro style driver from leshcat that he just posted? how does that compare to either sp59147 or sp59850?
HP Recommended

Hello

The compatibility trick did it for me. I now have switchable graphics  pavilion dv7 4285dx.  I tried the AMD 12.11 beta 8 drivers and they messed up the entire windows 8 installation. Had to reinstall the entire o.s.

The compatility trick also solved my validity sensor driver issue.sgw.png

HP Recommended

I also have the dv7-4285dx machine.

Which driver set did you use in win7 compatibility?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@bonniebb wrote:

I also have the dv7-4285dx machine.

Which driver set did you use in win7 compatibility?

Thanks

i got it from the hp driver download page for dv7 4285dx.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-88549-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

HP Recommended

so i managed to install the 12.11 beta 8 driver(it only required patience). Where is the switching tab?

12.11.png

HP Recommended

@samjambo wrote:

so i managed to install the 12.11 beta 8 driver(it only required patience). Where is the switching tab?

12.11.png

You should see it when you right click on the desktop. I don't see it in your pic so it looks like it's not working. It's either above or below the Catalyst Control Center Application in that list.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.