Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Windows unable to deploy firmware upgrade for hard drive.

HP Recommended
Hp 15 ac123tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is continuosly doing a scratching sound from right side. I contacted hp tech support and they told me to download an upgrade but now that upgrade is showing error "We cannot deploy this upgrade as windows is using EFI boot loader." And tech support is unable to provide any solution for upgrade or noise from hard drive.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 631
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @tarungoyal,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I read your post about the Hard Drive issue, and wanted to assist you!

First, try testing the Hard Driver for failure, using the following document:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

Please post back with the results, and let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" .  This will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tested the hard drive for failure. And it passed both quick and long test.When I switched on laptop after diagnostics test it showed an error while booting that "windows boot application is missing...." after i pressed enter , it started normally.

"BUT the hard drive noise is still there."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 631
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @tarungoyal,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Does the scratching sound come from the bottom right of the notebook?  Try restoring the BIOS to its default values, using this document: HP Notebooks PCs - Restoring Defaults in BIOS

Let me know how it goes.

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried restoring bios default values. But that horrible sound is still there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,851 5,326 350 631
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @tarungoyal,

If the sound is indeed coming from the bottom right of the notebook, that is where the Hard Drive is seated.  If the Hard Drive is making abnormal sounds, then more than likely the hardware may be failing.  I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation