Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tobegone Tutor
Tutor
9 0 1
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless Connection Issues

- my prob is over the last few wks, when i start my computer, there's always a 2 - 4 minute delay before the red X disappears from the network icon in the lower right task bar, letting me know that I am now connected to the network - before, it didnt used to do that - I would connect atomatically upon startup... like all my other wirelessly connected computers do...  and also, I went into the HP Wireless Assistant (even though I do 'eventually' connect wirelessly), and when I start the steps, I am told that the Assistant does not recognize my router (it's a Linsys WRgt54 router (I'm pretty sure that's the model#) - one of Linsys' most popular routers through the yrs - how can that not be recognized?).  Could this be related to my problem?  I called HP tech support two times, and on each occasion, the reps seemed to not know what to do.... very frustrating!!

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Grad Student
Grad Student
307 5 59
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

without a lot more details i am wondering if you have update the drivers/firm ware for the router lately?

try this link

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WRT54G2/download

All of my posts reflect my opinion only and not of HP.
0 Kudos
tobegone Tutor
Tutor
9 0 1
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for the quick response - when i get home tonit, i'll check into the router updates - meanwhile, whatever details you want, i'd be glad to provide.
Grad Student
Grad Student
307 5 59
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

what anti virus are you using? is it up to date?
0 Kudos
tobegone Tutor
Tutor
9 0 1
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i'm using norton - yes it is up to date
0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
307 5 59
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

did the router updates change anything?
0 Kudos
tobegone Tutor
Tutor
9 0 1
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unfortunately, yestrday evening, they were doing maintenance on the site - couldn't get in.  i will try again tonite... thanks for the follow up.  i will let you know tonite.  i appreciate the help...
0 Kudos
michaelgury Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Signal good & other laps work. my laptop no grab signal suddenly.

0 Kudos
tobegone Tutor
Tutor
9 0 1
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

before i can install the firmware, i havta connect with ethernet wire to the router.  what is the proper procedure to do that?
0 Kudos
tobegone Tutor
Tutor
9 0 1
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

my router already has the latest firmware update - 4.21.1
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation