cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
allsams
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 11 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless issue with new Envy dv7 notebook with windows 8

Just got off the phone with the HP Tech guy and he said there is nothing they can do so return the unit.  No fix at HP to date.  Thinks it has something to do between the HP software and the Windows updates.

Try a Dell next and see if they have a similiar problem...

0 Kudos
Busymomof2
2 2 0 0
Message 12 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How long have you had your laptop?

0 Kudos
allsams
Level 1
6 6 0 1
Message 13 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

10 days.

Good news for everyone.

Thought I would give it one more shot so called Microsoft support.  They fixed it.  Had to do with the latest downloads for Windows Office, SP1 and HP updates.  Everyone needs to call Microsoft support and get the wireless fixed.

Basically, they said when the updates occured, it corrupted the settings between the HP computer and the virus scaner. It doesn't matter what virus software you have it corrupts the newer driver HP download and makes them act supicious, thus the firewall stops the wireless from working.  The Microsoft person put in the very original driver, updated the check box on the Firewall and life is good aga

It's a quick fix.  They also downloaded new updates that were getting blocked by the same interference in Windows updates.

goheels
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 14 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried all of what I saw listed on this forum and still no intrnet connection. Divice manager says the network mess is ok.  Looks like I will have to start over and loose all my programs and work. Sure would like to find a solution. I did a restore to the point I think before it started happening. At first it was intermetint and now it is permanent. Four other computers have no problem including a new hp laptop I purchased because I started haveing issues with this one. Looks like you maybe have to get a new one every 6 months. I do not game but do a lot of stuff and trying to stay with HP. Dell is trash and Apple is too much wanting to own you and not let you get to the rest of the world.

0 Kudos
goheels
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 15 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am glad to hear you got to talk to someone at MS. I have never been able to contact anyone there. Can you tell me how you got to a human?

0 Kudos
goheels
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 16 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK I finally found in network diagnostics that AVG had done something and went in to avg and disabled it and the firewall and everything came back to normal. I have uninstalled AVG and looking at avast or eset or something

0 Kudos
Highlighted
edbeadel
Level 1
3 3 0 5
Message 17 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Hp

I too have been experiencing WiFi issues since I bought this model 2years ago. I've kind of ignored it but paying £1000 for a laptop and not having WiFi that works properly isn't acceptable.

Also have trouble using my web browsers. Seems to depend on updates, sometimes works. Sometimes doesn't(this is a more recent issue) 

The main WiFi connectivity issue though has a been happening from the beginning. So frustrating! Can't believe paying so much for a product that hasn't been properly tested. Like buying a car and the gearbox sometimes does or sometimes doesn't change gear! In the market for a high powered desktop at the moment and your products are way down the list because of this. 

considering Lenovo or Dell.

0 Kudos
VenkyEnvyDv7
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Venkat,

After removing Norton Antivirus 360, I am able to use internet over Wireless Adapter.

How to get back my Norton installed back? Will it take off my wireless adapter settings agin?

Please help me.

Thanks

Venkat

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation