cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kooshan
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

activating windows

envy-dv6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi..

man laptop windows is originally installed win8 single language build 9200.

Mistakenly I clicked on a program that was for Cracking windows and after that my windows show me a message for activating windows  and shows the version of windows at the bottom of the screen . how can I get rid of that ?

does operating system have expire date I bought this at 2013 .

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Level 9
1,170 1,167 69 146
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

activating windows

@Kooshan wrote:

Hi..

man laptop windows is originally installed win8 single language build 9200.

Mistakenly I clicked on a program that was for Cracking windows and after that my windows show me a message for activating windows  and shows the version of windows at the bottom of the screen . how can I get rid of that ?

does operating system have expire date I bought this at 2013 .

Hi,

- got to cmd type in wmic path Softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey to get the windows product key
- windows+r then type : slui 3 enter the product key
- restart the computer

Cheers!
"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
Kooshan
Level 1
13 6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

activating windows

I copied and pasted in the cmd but all it says is  Node - HP  ERROR : Description = Invalid query

I managed to find out the product key by a free software but when I type : slui 3 it shows : Error code : 0x8007007B

Error description : the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect.

0 Kudos
Level 9
1,170 1,167 69 146
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

activating windows

@Kooshan wrote:

I copied and pasted in the cmd but all it says is  Node - HP  ERROR : Description = Invalid query

I managed to find out the product key by a free software but when I type : slui 3 it shows : Error code : 0x8007007B

Error description : the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Hi,

Sorry. Before you launch cmd type cmd then right click on it then click "Run as administrator"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3166553

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation