cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
liliansafwat Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

backlit keyboard doesn't work

envy m6 1205dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hello all 🙂 , my hp envy m6 laptop has the backlight icon on the f5 button but pressing it does nothing. the backlight does not come on. This is a new unit with windows 8 installed.
Do i need drivers or what?...i havnt made any software changes on the computer since i got it.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @liliansafwat,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that this is a recent purchase and although it has the backlight icon when you press F5 it does not work.

When I checked the specifications for your notebook, it does show a backlit keyboard.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you run the HP Support Assistant?

If  the above has been done and the issue remains, please contact HP Support for further assistance.  With your permission, they can remotely connect to your system to help find and overcome difficulties.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support

Please let me know the outcome.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the"Thumbs Up Icon"below to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
liliansafwat Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply quickly

now iam downloading  HP Support Assistant and hope to solve my problem

then i'll reply to you what happened .... thxx 🙂

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation