cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

cannot get into my computer its said that I shouid enable bios setup load default

HP Recommended
hp compaq
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

how do I enable my boot drive in window 7 Hp Compaq I cannot get into my computer. It will let get pass the micrsoft windows.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @missjenny,

Thank you for your query.

I understand that you are unable to access your computer and you are receiving the message to enable bios setup  load defaults.

Would your try this step.

Shut down your computer and wait 1 minute.

Power on the notebook and press the F10 key approximately once every second to enter the bios setup.

Along the bottom is an option for defaults ( usually F9) press it.

Once that has completed try starting your notebook.

If the issue should remains please provide your exact model of Compaq notebook.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Has there been any recent changes to your system?

Have you tested for hardware failures?  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 7, Vista)

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the   Thumbs Up   below.  

Good Luck!
Sparkles1

Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I did diagnostic tests on everything including the hard drive.  Ihave Presario CQ57 that pc Notebook that using Window 7.  the message that displays is;   window failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix the problem they i SHOULD DO THE FOLLOWING:

INSERT WINDOW INSTALLATION DISC AND RESTART YOUR COMPUTER

CHANGE THE LANGUAGE AND CLICK REPAIR YOUR COMPUTER

WINDOW ERROR MSG: STATUS OXC000000F

NOW THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT HAVE IS I DO HAVE THE RIGHT DISC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @missjenny,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad that there is no hardware issues.

Here are  links  that should help.

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vis...

error code OXC000000F (from answers.microsoft.com) that may also help.

Please let me know the outcome.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to share with the community to let everyone know that my computer issue has bee resolved.  After doing everything I could think of I finally got tried and took it to a computer shop to let a tech support person look at it.  My data was completely wiped out so there wasn't anyway could have fit it but now it is up and running fine.  so, I would like to say thnaks to everyone who tried to help me.

missjenny

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 714 1,909
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @missjenny,

Thank you for your reply.  It has been my pleasure to assist you and I am glad that your notebook is now up and running.

Should the need arise please do not hesitate to post your queries.

To say thanks for helping please click the thumbs up icon below.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation