Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Message 1 of 6 (952 Views)

cmos HP Pavilion x2 Detachable

Product Name: HP Pavilion x2 Detachable
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My device is 3 months old and I recently updated the BIOS through the HP assistant and am now receiving an error message close to

'CMOS checksum value is invalid. System will reboot with default values. Please check BIOS to see if any changes have occured (as close as I can remember)'

System then boots OK. I am wondering what is causing this. Is the battery already dying?

This has now happened three times in a week and also the clock is reseting itself to 05:00 everytime.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (945 Views)

Re: cmos HP Pavilion x2 Detachable

[ Edited ]

This is NOT official HP Customer Support and I, as most other persons on this forum, do not work for HP. This is a peer-to-peer user supported forum for HP products. HP maintains no official presence on this forum and it is unlikely that HP will respond in an official capacity. Any reply from a HP employee represents their own opinion and not that of HP's.

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer, inside the battery compartment or on the startup BIOS screen. Please see How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more assistance locating this information. DO NOT include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.

hp label.png

While it is possible that the battery is "dying" already, there is also a possibility that the CMOS is faulty.

I am sorry that you are having issues with your computer. I have forwarded your concerns to the HP Forum Administrators for possible escalation. Please watch for a PM (private message) from an HP Representative on this forum.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
Retired
Message 3 of 6 (940 Views)

@millstoneman

Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
Intern
Message 4 of 6 (929 Views)

Thanks for replies.

Model   HP Pavilion x2 detachable

Warranty 10 months 24/12/2016

Model   P0H64EA#

Student
Message 5 of 6 (782 Views)

What was the outcome? I seem to have a very similar problem...

Intern
Message 6 of 6 (765 Views)

The problem did not go away completely. It still happens on rare occasions. It seems to happen when the laptop doesn't shut down properly and I close the lid. If I wait until the light has gone out on the side (with charger out) it seems ok. I never just close the lid. When it does this error it recovers without issue so I've decided to put up with it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation