cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
camay111 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

could not find recovery environment windows 8.1

Hello,

I have been trying to do a factory reinstall from the system restore menu. Every time I try it I get this incredibly annoying "could not find the recovery environment" message. I have reinstalled the OS dozens of time with no problem. For whatever reason now it refuses to cooperate. I'm getting desperate. Thank you. 

P.S. This is on an HP stream so I have no disk drive.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15563 15554 1031 1680
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @camay111

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to perform recovery on your stream tablet.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below link to perform recovery.

http://hp.care/2gJDmvV

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
camay111 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your assistance. When hitting the recovery button I get the message below. Upon reading the article you linked to my original comment I come up with the sentence "If prompted to insert media, insert an SD card that contains the system recovery image into the card slot following the below steps." Where would I aquire this system recovery image? Thanks again.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15563 15554 1031 1680
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @camay111

Thanks for the reply.

I suggest you contact phone support and check whether the recovery media is available for your computer.

You can put the computer back to its factory setting using the recovery media.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on - HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation