cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
PattiG76
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

creating more memory on drive C

HP Recommended
hp stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I know this is the wrong board for this particular problem, but in the drop down menu, a board for my issue isn't listed.

I need more disc space on drive C on my hp stream 11. I did a "scan disk" and removed all temp files, drop files, windows error report files, and all cookies.. This cleared up 14.7KB! Meaning there was nothing to clean. There is nothing saved on drive C. No pictures, videos, music, or other files. I save everything to my flash drive. I do not know what is eating my memory. I only run the basics, ie, virus protection, google chrome and HP Support Assistant. However, I only have 30.1MB of memory space on drive C. What can I do to fix this?

I have gone through my installed applications to see what can be uninstalled, and other than Chrome, what is there is what came with my stream. There isn't anything to uninstall. The other apps that came with the stream, like Walmart photo center and xbox game store, cannot be uninstalled. I have tried. There is no option to remove them.

Please help me to fix this.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
pjc123
Level 4
87 79 4 18
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may be screwed like everyone else with an old Win 8 version, without reinstalling Windows without the recovery partition.  Other than that:

The real biggy I found to make space is to first delete

C: Drive > Right Mouse Click > Properties > General > Disk Cleanup > OK

Then more importantly:

C: Drive > Right Mouse Click > Properties > General > Disk Cleanup > Clean up system Files

Windows Update Cleanup should be very large if you never cleaned it up before.

I have a newer Win 10 version, so I am sure I will have the same problem shortly, as Windows is rapidly filling up the tiny drive with updates.  At that point I it is either a reinstall or just install Linux.

0 Kudos
PattiG76
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've done what you've suggested and still have 0 memory space on my drive. I have done many disk clean ups. To no avail. I am at my wits end. I honestly have nothing other than what came with my hp stream 11 on my hard drive. For whatever reason, my C drive's memory is maxed. But hey, thanks for trying to help. It's appreciated.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation