cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jcdv
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

d104tx memory capacity

HP Recommended
Linux

Just a quick question since I couldn't find this one detail anywhere (my google-fu seems to be on holiday...)

What is the maximum memory capacity of a HP 14-d104tx? 4? 8? more?

Just got one a few weeks ago, and want to add more memory.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
D5GR
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jcdv ,

Hello and welcome to the HP support forums.  Sorry you had a hard  time finding the information you needed.  Here is the link to your systems user guides.

HP 14-d104tx Notebook PC User guides.

From this link you will find all the information you will need for dealing with memory and hard drives.

Hope this works for you.

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

Remember to select my post as a resolution if it solved your issue.

Have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
jcdv
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's not what I asked, which should have been clear from my first post.

What I need to know is the maximum memory capacity of this particular model.

And yes, prior to you answering me, I looked at those already. But I looked again, just in case, and that information is not there.

0 Kudos
D5GR
Retired
Retired
3,533 3,002 182 479
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jcdv ,

Thank you so much for posting back and I am sorry I misunderstood what you where asking.

I though you where asking the maximum supported memory of your notebook.

Normally this is listed in the User Guide or Maintenance Guide. 

I have looked through the complete support page and the user guides and unfortunately it does not list a Maximum Supported Memory (RAM). 

Your system came as Free DOS OS system so the specs page do not show the combination of RAM and Max RAM supported.  The reason for this is that it depends on the OS.  If you are running a 32 or a 64 bit Operating System makes a difference and as well it will depend on if it is Windows 7 or Windows 8.

At this point all you can do is try and see what combination of 2 x 4 Gig or 2 x 2 Gig will get recognised.

I hope this was of some help.

Have a great day and thanks for posting.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
jcdv
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Normally this is listed in the User Guide or Maintenance Guide. 

I have looked through the complete support page and the user guides and unfortunately it does not list a Maximum Supported Memory (RAM). 

Your system came as Free DOS OS system so the specs page do not show the combination of RAM and Max RAM supported.  The reason for this is that it depends on the OS.  If you are running a 32 or a 64 bit Operating System makes a difference and as well it will depend on if it is Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Now there's a whole lot of useless to me... You mean to say that you don't even have information about maximum memory as supported  by the system? Regardless of what OS I use (which I identified as linux, and now I'll identify as 64 bit), shouldn't you be able to tell me how much memory the system (meaning to say, the hardware) can recognize?

I asked, how much memory the laptop can handle... I did NOT ask how much memory my OS can handle.

You proclaim in your signature that you work on behalf of HP, so I'm sure you have more resources available to you with regard to the hardware specs of this unit. So please, just tell me if you don't want to find that information for me.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation