cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jen338 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

disable hot keys on function keys

Pavillion x2 10-n124dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to be able to use the function keys as traditional function keys for my WordPerfect word processing program, ie F7 is exit and save, F4 is indent, etc.  The function keys are now hotkeys.  Is there any way I can turn off the hotkey features of the F1-F12 function keys?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost
Provost
52,748 49,455 9,893 16,596
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can change the default action as follows.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( f10 ), then make the change shown in the document on the following link.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02035108&DocLang=en&docLocale=en_US&...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Highlighted
jen338 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

David: I appreciate your help.  However, after I clicked on the system configuration tab, the screen presented only the options of language, virtualization technology and boot options.  No Fast charge mode nor Action Keys mode options were available.

I am thinking that perhaps on my HP model, I cannot disable the hot keys as I had hoped to do.  My son did tell me I could hold down the function key as I hit the various function keys to perform my desired WordPerfect commands.  I will try that.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation