cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

dv7-1275dx - Cannot Get Quick Launch Buttons to Work in Win 7 32-Bit

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

Just did a clean upgrade this morning on my HP dv7-1275dx laptop this morning, and everything works fine except the Quick Launch buttons. I've chased down the current driver and nstalled, re-installed, and nothing seems to get them functioning.

Currently, my wireless light is blue, my mute button is orange, and none of the buttons respond to my touch.

Any suggestions on how to get this working properly?

Thanks in advance...
~Mike 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
922 881 66 357
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

llo,

what softpaq did you install?

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi...

I've run SP44777

Thanks,

~Mike 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
922 881 66 357
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

try this one SP45058.exe

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/

Let us know if it works for u..

I am an HP employee.

"Did my response help with your issue? If so, please give me Kudos by clicking the "Kudos" button or mark the post that solved your problem as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Will do. Thanks! Back in a minute or two....

Anything specific I should do to remove the current driver that's installed? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
922 881 66 357
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
no
I am an HP employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forced to uninstall the version I had installed, as it would not allow me to install the older driver otherwise.

Mute button has gone from white to orange, but no other changes. Still do touch control of any of the buttons. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13
10,920 10,841 772 4,459
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. Before updating Quick Lunch Buttons software You should always first uninstall older version.

2. Which driver version are You using for sound and wireless?

3. Which wireless model have You got under device manager ( Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Network Cards)

4. Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Have You got there any yellow signs? If yes then click with right button of Your mouse on each of them and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks......no warning notices in Device Manager.

Wireless:

Intel WiFi 5100 AGN v. 13.0.0.107

Audio: 

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC v. 6.10.6225.0

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation