cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Level 1
9 5 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dv8-1110ea says using 100% memory (task manager counts to about 30%) and BSOD

Hey guys... not sure if I'll get a reply as HP don't respond and nobody cares but!

Windows 7 with a dv8-1110ea and bios 7 (4gb RAM)

Every now and again my laptop starts to slow down massively. I look in task manager and it says that it's using about 99% Physical Memory but when you look at how much is actually being used it's nowhere near that amount. Where is this going and what is it caused by?

Also, when my laptop goes into hibernation or whatever (when I shut the lid) it can take absolutely forever to do anything and then when it finally turns off, its actually stopped windows and it tells me about a BSOD.

Had my laptop now for maybe about a year or so I think. (was a refurb but mint condition)

I uninstalled aload of HP stuff but when I wanted bluetooth to work I tried to install the wireless assistant again to no success... it says that its in the startup list of programs but I can't get it to start up. Really feels like I need to format or so :S

Developer of Konoro Kingdom (http://www.konoro.org/)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,896 16,714
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dv8-1110ea says using 100% memory (task manager counts to about 30%) and BSOD

Hi,

Try the following to see if you can locate which process(s) are using up your memory.

First of all, open windows Control Panel and open System.  Click on the 'Advanced System Setting' link, click on the Advanced tab in the following windows and then, under the Performance heading, click Settings.  In the Performance Options window, click Advanced and post back with the size of the Virtual Memory allocated.  See the diagram below.

Capture.PNG

Next, Open Task Manager, click on show processes from all users, then click the Performance tab, click on the Resource Monitor button and in the following window, click on the Memory tab and see if you can spot a particular process that is using an ever increasing ammount of RAM.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation