cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gruntfuttock60
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

endless loop and locked drive

hp15ab290sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

5 month old pavillion w10/32 factory installed  boots no changes beforehand locked into repair mode just cycles

Have iso disc so think not a major issue go legacy bios and boot win cd  go to repair screen and  unable to repair as disk with windows on locked

Run full hp diag no issues wont run chkdsk wont repair mbr as most functions are not available coming to conclusion that the disc may be a hybred amd win 10 not seeing x partition?

Not sure if error is in h/d ssd bit if there would be picked up by diagnostics?

Issue one having tried ms site no joy in unlocking drive

Issue two any way of getting PC to boot

Issue three this seems to be an undocumented feature of the pc judgeing by the number of various forum posts

Any help would be appreciated before it goes back to vendor

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
CashNTango
Level 4
67 67 4 7
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Considering this is under warranty you need to contact HP warranty support to resolve this hardware problem.

http://support.hp.com/us-en

0 Kudos
gruntfuttock60
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply its the old story vendor claims its up to manufacturer( its not in Uk) Manufacturer claims if all test on hardware are ok its upto msoft as it did work before upgrades same closed loop as pc.

Got bios to finally work with legacy mode available

Worked my way through my collection of repair recovery disks/ one happy evening  and got it to break out of loop.

Most of these disks run off cd using a flavour of linux  recovered data using cmd line  regedit copy and so on forced recovery partition to run and eventually was able to bring it back to factory release. I many years ago when there were more flavours of DOS than Ben and Jerrys ice cream used to have a working knowledge of it so had a head start unless you have at least some knowledge avoid regedit etc as you can if thats possible make things worse.

Moral is remove bloatware added by vendor/manfr . including their avirus and optimisation software

Install my usual avirus and make sure the beast when set up is like the rest of my gear cloned to server, prob go to pro os so can delay w10 upgrade, buy the next laptop as a  generic with just os preferablely with disc copy!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation