cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sharon4673
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

how do i reset my password in my computer without a password re set disc

HP Recommended

How can I reset my password to get into comuter

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,868
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you normally sign-on with an email and password ( Windows 8, Windows 10 ), see if you can reset the password via another PC from the Microsoft page on the following link.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Otherwise, there's a general policy on the Forum not to provide means of bypassing a Windows log-on password due to security/privacy issues, however a local computer shop would be able to reset this for you.

Alternatively, as long as you have a back-up of your data and programs, or have nothing you need to save, you can perform a Factory Reset as detailed in the relevant link below and then just set up the account again - the easiest option here is to first shutdown the notebook, then tap away at f11 as soon as you press the power button.

Performing An HP System Recovery – Windows 10

Performing An HP System Recovery – Windows 8

Performing An HP System Recovery - Windows 7.

Performing An HP System Recovery - Windows Vista.

Performing An HP System Recovery - Windows XP.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation