Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Arvind-Shah Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how to make recovery disk myself if recovery partition removed?

Hp 241 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hp 241 g1 laptop given by rajasthan govt., india to schooler students !

My son  received these laptop with pre installed genuine win 8.1 with ms office 2013 & other educational software.

but we received these laptop with already removed recovery partition !!

so i can't able to create recovery disk !!

for this issue i contact hp support care number. but they say they have not any recovery media !!

How to solved this issue ? how to make recovery disk myself if recovery partition removed?

(removed content)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Grad Student
Grad Student
228 217 14 53
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can make a recovery drive using Windows.  Also regularly back up your files.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
15882 15826 1471 3522
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Arvind-Shah

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about needing to make recovery media and wanted to help.

Making recovery disks is a really bad idea, for several reasons. 

First, it will take several DVDs, not just one, to make the recovery set.  My guess is at least three, maybe more.

Second, if anything happens to ANY of the disks, the whole SET is then rendered useless.

Third, recovering Windows using DVDs takes HOURS and involves swapping disks over and over and over again!

A much better solution is to use an external drive, or if you don't have one, a large (64GB) USB stick.  Not only is the stick smaller and more rugged than DVDs, it's also a lot faster!

In addition, I would personally recommend using Macrium Reflect for the recovery media, as I have used this for years and found it to be reliable.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick
3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

My experience is that MR, when using the High Compression option, typically can compress the saved image file to about 50% of the USED space in the OS partition.  This means if you have an 80GB OS partition, and 40GB is used, MR only needs about 20GB to store the image file.

I use this all the time and it typically takes less than 10 minutes to do the image backup and about the same time or less to do a restore.  Plus, MR has the option to Add a Recovery Boot Menu entry.  This allows you then to boot into WinRE, and you can then use that to do a restore -- when you can't boot into Windows!

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation