cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ErSandeep
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

keyboard keys are not working at startup

HP Recommended
pavilion 15-n011tu
Windows 8

when i start my laptop the keys of keyboard are not working except the movement key and numeric enter key.

but when i turn of the narrator keys are starts working excepts some (such as: right control, function keys in some way,i.e.

wi-fi, volume,brightness & other are not working ) everytime.even it wake up from stand by mode.

function keys are work in genrel way i.e. F1 to F12.what can I do to resolve this.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
MSSAT
Level 5
189 188 7 28
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi ,

follow this steps please ,

1. Right click on My Computer Icon > Properties > Device manager (on the left side)

2. find the Keyboard > Right click on it > CHeck for updates

3. Make sure that you installed the right Driver for Your Keyboard proided from HP official website

if these didn't help

try using another OS (replace your Win version)

** for experts only : you can use UBUNTU live disk to check the Keyboard without uninstalling you win version

if changing the OS didn't help

now it's one of two things

1. there is a problem with your BIOS

2. there is a HW problem

and in both cases i don't recommend you to start solving it yourself

Updating the BIOS is very sesitive operation and also the HW problems

so please look for the nearest HP support center to your city

and make sure that they will solve your Problem

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Mark Th. Antonio
Faculty Of Engineering Alexandria University
0 Kudos
rfine
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how do i turn off narrator?

0 Kudos
rfine
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

enough said

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation