Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion g series
Windows 7
I replaced the left hand screen hinge on the laptop and since the it will not switch on there is charge power to the battery just nothing when I press power button
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @mdolton2 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a superb  place to find answers.
For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that after replacing the left hinge your notebook will not power on but it does show charge power to the battery.  This shows that the power adapter is functioning.

Here is a link to Computer Does Not Start (Windows 7) to assist you with this issue.

When you replaced the hinge, did you accidentally pinch  something or miss a connection or  did the screw touch something it shouldn't?

If you remove the replaced hinge does it power on?

I hope this helped!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Yeah found the power problam I had pulled the cable out to the power button no just turned it on and black screen just taking apart again to see if I pulled that cable out to
HP Recommended

Hi @mdolton2 

I am glad you found the power issue and regret that you have to take it apart again because of a black or blank screen.  Hopefully it will just be a loose  or missed connection.

If you feel my previous post resolved your issue would you be kind enough to mark it as solution provided so other forum users can locate it more easily.

If you still have an issue with the display here is a link that should assist you. Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot

Fingers crossed for you!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
All fixed the ram wasn't in tight enough now I've got it working I just need to fix the dvd drive because it makes a strange noise and doesn't open
HP Recommended

Good Morning @mdolton2 

Well I am glad that you are up and running again, but regret you now are unable to open the optical drive.

Here is a link to Opening a Stuck CD or DVD Drive Tray (Windows 7, Vista, XP) that hopefully will help.

Best of Luck !

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Hi a few times recently when I open my laptop the lefthand hinge 'creaks'...Unfortunately today I opened it & it won't turn on? The actual part of the dashboard, Is lifted up slightly when the laptop is being closed? Help please?!!
HP Recommended

Hi @Blanney,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you have recently experienced a hinge issue and now your notebook will not power on. The section where the hinge connects has actually lifted.

When you connect the AC adapter is there a light by the power port on the notebook?

Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter that may also help.

Are you connecting directly into an electrical outlet?

Have you tried a different outlet?

If you would like further assistance please provide your exact model of HP notebook and your operating system.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I will wait for your reply.

Regards

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.