cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
donvitooo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

linux issue

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 11-k027tu
Linux

Please help me
when i use linux, I can not run wifi and can not be shutdown completely.
I've tried all versions of Linux, the result is all the same.
What should I do ? I really want to use linux. thank you

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,002 9,899 799 3,867
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @donvitooo

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome!

I feel your pain but unfortunately, HP does not officially support Linux-based OS on this device. Only supported OS are Microsoft - Win 8.1 and Win 10.

The problem you experience may be driver related (missing or incorrect drivers) which is related to the Kernel. Please, try first with the latest Kernel available from your Distro. Eventually, try with another kernel (e.g. older) - If Ubuntu or Ubuntu derivates  - try 4.4, then try 4.2 , then 3.19, etc...

You may also post for assistance in your chosen distro's official forum.

If nothing works, you can try to use Windows on this device.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
31,728 31,635 2,879 6,960
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

donvitooo

Technically, you're not using Linux so much as you're using a Linux distro -- a specific distribution, which comes combined with a Linux OS kernel version, some drives, and some apps.

I've been running different Linux distros for over ten years, and they are more different than you would imagine ...

The primary difficulty is using laptops in Linux is the nearly total lack of specialized drivers needed for the specialized hardware found in laptops.  In desktops, this is not nearly so serious a problem because the hardware tends to be more generic and there is often the option of swapping in hardware for which there are Linux drivers.

The single BEST source of information in your case is the community forum for the distro that you are running.  There, unlike here, you will find folks that use that distro every day, and are well-steeped in what is needed to workaround driver problems.

You need to hunt down your Distro forum.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation