Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Intern
Message 1 of 3 (2,516 Views)

microsoft works task Launcher on windows 8

I used to use a windows 7 64 bit Laptop, now I am using a windows 8 64 bit Laptop but my favourite software is not on this Laptop, Microsoft works Task Launcher, Not Microsoft office, I have that but find I use the other software more often, it came pre installed on my windows 7 64 bit, no discs, is there any way I can get it on my windows 8 Laptop or if anyone knows of a similar product I could use instead. Microsoft Starter is not the same thing and only works on windows 7 and vista, my spouse liked the templates for recipe cards, and I liked the health charts and mileage charts aswell as fitness progress charts.

It has a PID # and I have the recovery discs if I could install it from them, any ideas would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Mut Student
Student
Message 2 of 3 (2,445 Views)

Re: microsoft works task Launcher on windows 8

I just noticed your question.  I was wondering if you ever found an answer to this question.  I just got my HP desktop with Windows 8.  I hate it.  No Microsoft Works, no calculator, no paint...many things I used OFTEN, just gone! 

Intern
Message 3 of 3 (2,433 Views)

Re: microsoft works task Launcher on windows 8

No there is no Microsoft works on windows 8,Man Madbut there is paint,and a free calculator, you will find them when you press the windows key, scroll through for the free stuff because it is not all free and activate what you want.

I hate it aswell, not downloaded windows 8.1 yet, I just purchased a new desktop, windows 8, HP envy 700-019,

and a LG 23 inch moniter, the computer is supposed to have Beats sound but no sound comes from it at all, I guess I will have to contact HP, but I'm guessing it needs external speakers, if not that then i will contact LG, the installation disc that came with the monitor is in every language but english.

I left my windows 7 desktop set up so that I can still use the programs I like ,plus some of my new software will not work in windows 8, like my Coby mp3 player, it will not even recognise it but in windows 7 I just plug it in the USB port and it loads right away, only bought it late last year so not about to buy another.Already had to buy a new printer as the other would not work with the high speed USB connections, it was a photosmart plus B209a-m, bought a 7520e although on the box it says 7525, it came with a phone cord for the fax but not set up the wireless yet.

No idea why they came out with windows 8 when 7 was just right, a lot easier to use.I have heard that you can buy works but so far I have yet to see it in stores.You also have to pay for media Center even when you upgrade to 8.1.Everything is Cyberlink.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation