Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

mini notebook won't allow background changes or display themes

HP Recommended

I just got my new hp mini and it wont let me change my background. i go through 'control panel> appearance> display'   and there is nothing there that will allow me to change it. there is not 'set as desktop background' when opening a photo file and right clicking. nothing comes up when searching for personalization under control panel. i went to the windows website to get free display downloads and it says that 'this edition of windows doesn't support themes'. is this a problem with windows or a lack f proper hard ware on my computer? can i download something to enable me to change my background? help would be soooo greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 1
11 8 0 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 Starter Edition doesn't allow you to change the background image of the desktop.  The background image is burned into the kernel of Windows.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so..any software can help me to set my desktop background??? please help me,i need  background wallpaper,then can u explain me why??? thank you 😃

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I HATE IT YOU SHOULD FIGURE OUT SOMETHING FOR THAT EXPECIALLY FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF COST FOR THE PRODUCT!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 7 Starter Edition doesn't allow you to change the background image of the desktop.  The background image is burned into the kernel of Windows.plz advise me...thnaks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It sounds as though you have Windows 7 Starter. Is that correct?

If so, there is no personalization. However, you can get around this very easily by downloading Oceanis; it's safe, it's free and has been a solution for so many people with the same problem as you. Here is the link:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/47294-desktop-background-change-windows-7-starter.html

Remember to click the KUDOS button when you're happy with me:smileywink:

Rinotan

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks a lot. i was trying a lot to change my background for a long time. but couldn't. your information helped me to make it

good service.:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't understand why it isnt compatible!!! Every other computer or laptop i have had allows it! >:O

This notebook brand needs to do something about this. It took me three years to figure out IT DOESN'T ALLOW IT!!!!!????

This is bull ****.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I followed those steps till the last one and that's when I realised that I probably shouldn't have because I have the HP DeskJet 3639 printer. I looked up the Software and Drives on the HP site but I just can't figure it out. Could you please help me out??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,343 22,331 1,482 2,132
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EleniProdr,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! 

• What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • Are you able to make a copy?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation