Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

mouse and scrolling with magnify

HP Recommended
HP Chromebook
Chrome OS

HP 14-q039wm   When i scroll with the mouse or click it the screen sometimes does strange things.  for example, it may scroll a few lines and then jump back to the top of the text being scrolled.  or if i click the mouse the screen position will be reset to the upper left corner and the thing i clicked is unchanged, but then i can click it again and it will accept it.  i am using magnify.  i did a powerwash and the problem remains.  for example, just now i hit "Post" and the screen position snapped to the upper left and the next time i click "Post" it will probably accept it. but it did not.  apparently if i type anything after that first click it acts the way it did before, so i will have to click it twice.  here goes...

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

followup:  another related issue is the mouse sometimes gets stuck in one place, usually the upper right or lower left corner.  to get it unstuck i have to hold the mouse button while moving it, then it works normally.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i sometimes use an Eagletec wireless but the problem occurs even when it is not installed and i'm using the touchpad only.  i used to have a similar chromebook (q070nr) and saw the same problem but never got it solved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

and yes this problem haooens with or without 'tap to click' enabled.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

a little testing reveals this.  sometimes the mouse will snap to the upper left seemingly on its own (no clicking.)  it happens when i move the mouse too far to the right or the bottom of the screen.  when it reaches a critical point it snaps away.  and this point is variable depending on how much magnified the screen is.  it appears that whatever i can see on the screen at any magnification is about the limit.  if the mouse crosses that line, POW, it goes to the upper left corner (but it only happens when/if it crosses something clickable.)  and it only does this in the chrome browser.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation