cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
5rolin Top Student
Top Student
2 1 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

my password does not work on windows vista. I get message user profile service failed the logon

My password doesn't work . I get the message user profile service failed the logon. Help please.
5 REPLIES 5
Provost
Provost
52,748 49,455 9,892 16,584
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

my password does not work on windows vista. I get message user profile service failed the logon

Hi,

You could try the following.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at f8 as you start the notebook to enter Windows Recovery Console.  Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and hit enter.  If windows will load in this mode, from the Start Menu, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and launch System Restore.  Pick a restore point at least 24 hours before the log-on issue and then proceed with the restore process.  When complete, Windows will reboot as normal so check if you can now log in correctly.

Another option if the above does not help is as follows.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at f8 as you start the notebook to enter Windows Recovery Console.  Use the arrow keys to select 'Start Using Last Known Good Configuration' and hit enter.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

5rolin Top Student
Top Student
2 1 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The first step worked. Thanks!!!!
Provost
Provost
52,748 49,455 9,892 16,584
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

You're welcome, good to hear :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
helpman Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

after shutting down and  tapping f8 as commputer boots up.

go to fix and repair. you will get several options.

choose restore system.

go to a good restore check point and restore.

guraranteed to work.

0 Kudos
54m Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi! the first step fixed the problem! THANKS!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation