cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p001tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Plz Help

After Recovery from all my 5 disc my laptop eject tha last disc and start installing hp software.
And then in middle of that i got messge "no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key "

After that i have inserted all recovery cd one by one but its doing nothing.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
2,785 2,654 144 333
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ankit_chandel,

Thank you for visiting HP Forums! If this post helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.

I understand that after you performed the system recovery from the recovery disks, you got error message "no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key".

Please make sure 1. the AC adapter is plugged into a working wall outlet, 2. external devices such as USB storage devices and disconnected.

Please try the following steps:

Step1: Perform a hard reset.

Step2: Restore the BIOS default settings:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 key to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.

5. Using the arrow keys select Yes and then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the computer restarts normally and the error message does not display, you are done. 

Let me know the result.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation