Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

notebook bios outdated but recent version not found on HP support pages

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-1350ed notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The fan runs continuously and is noisy.

A solution might be updating the bios (according to hp support site).

MSINFO32 says: bios outdated (no version number)

I used the HP software and drivers protocol, but it only shows that drivers migth need update via WIndows update (no specific).

Where op the HP support pages can I find a recent bios version?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
84,018 83,909 10,564 22,654
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The lastest BIOS version posted on March 1, 2016:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5186808/model/5225...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
25,644 25,419 2,213 8,147
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EJHP

The Operating System on your computer has been migrated beyond where there are specific HP software / driver packages available.

HP Pavilion g6-1350ed Notebook PC

What?

There are not individual HP software and drivers for your computer running Windows 10.

In its migrated condition, the computer is dependent on Windows Update for software and drivers.

Your Driver page calls this document:

HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

The BIOS Update option is only available when the computer's Driver Section provides the HP BIOS for your current Operating System.

Because BIOS updates can destroy your computer even when everything is done correctly, be very wary of trying to apply a BIOS to your computer that is not specifically created for your computer's exact build.

======================================================

EDITS:

Thanks to @Huffer and @banhien

I stand corrected!  Apparently you can use the BIOS update specified for the older OS!  Good news.

sp60864.cva - information sheet

======================================================

If the migration to Windows 10 was completed within the past month, you can consider whether you want to try reverting to your original Operating System.

Going back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,589 42,378 6,763 11,817
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

F.66 is the most recent and can be found here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5186808/model/5225...

Don't expect miracles. More likely it needs to be opened up and cleaned out inside around the fan and new thermal compound applied. 

Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your respons, but when I click the link I only see "Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update" . No entry about bios ...

HP Vere.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
42,589 42,378 6,763 11,817
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Click "Change" and change to Windows 7 and then update and it will show you the BIOS options

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation