cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
16 11 1 2
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

problem with Realtek RTL8188CE on windows 8 64 bit

HP Recommended

hi,

i own a Pavilion dv7-6c90el that i updated at windows 8 two weeks ago. Every week a problem occure: my pc can't connect to any wifi, and i can't disable the wifi card, it doesn't respond, so i have to switch off many times the pc until it begins to work again (after many times you can enter in connection menu and disable the card and then switch on it other time and then works). i suppose is a driver problem (with windows 7 this problem never appeared). can you resolve it?thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,074 112,254 18,013 27,494
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Have you tried the Realtek driver for your card directly from the Realtek site?

Select the 8188CE, click on step 2, and you will be directed to the driver page.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=21&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownT...

Windows driver auto installation program (support Win8)2007.3.0821.20122012/10/3136750k      

Paul

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
16 11 1 2
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi paul,

i tried but after two days i have the same problem and now is also badder,because at the download page of my notebook there is a new BIOS version (F.1B) that,in the changelog, says that resolve a problem with the wireless button,so i supposed that could help me. i updated and it did the opposite effect, now my HP connection manager,that use the wifi button, doesn't start saying that it is a problem (error 80080005). And now when the wifi problem appears it is harder resolve it because i can't switch off the wifi card (if i do it from the menu on control panel it doesn't respond)...i suppose that there are many incompatibilities between realtek wifi card, windows 8 drivers and also the new bios!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
16 11 1 2
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi,

finally i resolved uninstalling "hp wireless assistant" and downloading a windows update (i searched it on internet) for "wireless button" and now it works fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,074 112,254 18,013 27,494
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

That is good news to read.

I'm glad you got the wireless adapter to work right!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello .. I am having the same problem with the activation of the wireless module RTL8188CE in my notebook Hp compaq cq 43 215 .. What update you used? Could you provide a link?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too am having issues with my internet connection dropping out randomly. My wireless adapter is a RTL8188EE 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter.

I visited the realtek site and could not find a listing for for that adapter under the driver's section. My current operating system is Windows 8. I have also disabled the Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation