cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

problem with startup of my hp 6166tx corei7

HP Recommended

i have my hp 6166tx core i7.for the past two monts i am having problem in startup in way that i use to revive a message that your coollig fan s not working properly so you have to restart your pc.do any one know about this problem.do update me.my id is umer4u1@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 989
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I see that you're having an issue with cooling fan on the notebook. Typically when you get this error message either the fan is dirty or it's broke. 

I would suggest replacing the fan before you cause permanent heat damage. Now, you can follow this document to clean the fan first. 

If cleaning the fan doesn’t work I would suggest updating the BIOS. Now, if updating the BIOS and cleaning the fan doesn't seem to fix the issue, more than likely you will need to replace the fan.

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide. You can go to page 90 which shows you what fans are supported and how to replace it. 

If you have any more questions please let me know. I look forward to your response. 

THX

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sir i realy admire your precious reply.

i need to tel u one thing more that the problem which i mentioned above continous for 2-3 restart of notebook.then it removes and my laptop starts with out this.and when i shut it down and again turn on it, same problem comes for the next 2-3 times.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 989
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, did you update the BIOS and clean the fan? 

How long have you had the notebook?

THX

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Autaly i dont know how to update the BIOS. i am having this note book for the past 1 year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 989
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"If cleaning the fan doesn’t work I would suggest updating the BIOS. Now, if updating the BIOS and cleaning the fan doesn't seem to fix the issue, more than likely you will need to replace the fan."

OK, that's fine. In my previous post I mentioned updating the BIOS. I also gave you a link to update it. All you need to do is clicks the link above that says “BIOS” and install the update. I reposted the link for you ^.  Also, here is a document  that you can also follow which will show you how to update the BIOS if you have any more trouble. 

If you have any more questions let me know. 

THX

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

okay now one last thing...

should i first update the BIOS or clean the fan????

thnkx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 989
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Those two steps can be performed in any order. I would suggest updating the BIOS first then cleaning the fan.

THX

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation