cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
onelousyprinter Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

This is a sad excuse for a printer.  Having used computers and printers since about 1986 this is the worst company yet.  HP, get your head out of the sand.  Fix your software problems.  I have spent hours reloading the software for this HP Deskjet F4240.  I should not have to continue reloading the software, spend numerous hours at the help center reading about how other people have all these problems with their HP printers.  I am going to throw this thing in the garbage and go purchase a Kodak printer.  Or maybe a Canon.  NOTE;   If the management at HP would like some assistance with their company please contact me.  I will volunteer my first 2 weeks of work.  We will start by terminating some employees that work for you who are in charge of software development.  We will hire some new qualified people that can fix some of these very basic problems.  We will make our customers happy and attempt to instill confidence in consumers of HP products.  We will turn the image of HP into a "can-do" company.  It may be painful to some who are getting inflated salaries and don't do anything constructive.  However we will work to return the name of HP back into something the computer world can look up to and which we will be proud of.  I look forward to your contacting me.   

0 Kudos
lhntx Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 22 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

I'm having the same issue. 

I have :

HP Pavilion DV7 Notebook

HP xb4 Docking station (in my office)

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

HP Officejet Pro 8500 premier (-wireless in my office on my office network)(

HP Officejet  6500 (-wireless on my home network)

I take my laptop back and forth between my office network and my home. HP Solution center was working fine. I could control the 8500 through it.  Then I got the 6500 for home use.  I installed it and added the 6500 to the solution center.  All seemed fine. Both the 8500 and 6500 were on the solution center and could be controled.  Then about a month ago I noticed that the 6500 was no longer showing up on the HP Sol Ctr, so I tried to reinstall (at home) and got a fatal error during the final steps of the install. I installed the software from the HP website.  I've tried the 6500 and 8500 version as well as installing just he HPSC alone.

I can install each printer MANUALLy with "add a printer" in Win 7 and it works just fine, but HP SC still fails every time. I get the fatal error trying to install the 8500 via the software also.  I've tried to uninstall the 6500 and all of the related software but HPSC still gets the error. I've tried using a USB connection to the 6500 and not install with the HP software, but I still get the error message.  I've tried just about every combo that I can thing of of install/uninstall but I still get the error message.

0 Kudos
vscharr Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 23 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you!  Your solution solved the problem!

0 Kudos
PhD Student
PhD Student
465 457 32 315
Message 24 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Below steps are applicable for printer models till CUE 13 software version. To know the exact software version, check the software CD that came with the printer box.

1) First make sure that you are able to print and scan using MS Paint (For Network printers, try scan from printer webpage which can be opened using printer IP)

2) Perform "Disk Cleanup" (Start ==> All Programs ==> Accessories ==> System Tools). You need to select all the options and then click OK.

3) Download the save the patch to desktop using below link:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30278/mp-77737-1/eSupport_hpcom_130_011.exe

4) Open the file and once the extraction is complete, it will start the installation. Finish the process and check if you are able to open HP Solution Center or not.

5) If same error appears, then click on Start ==> All Programs ==> HP ==> Printer model name ==> Add a device. Complete the installation process

Note: For USB connected printer, first disconnect the USB cable from computer and perform "Add a Device"

If "This update does not support any of the HP Device......" message appears, then perform below steps:

Note: Do not close the above message if it appears. This is very important.

1) Start ==> Run ==> type %temp% and click OK. For Vista and Windows 7, click on Windows icon and in search box type %temp% and press "Enter" on the keyboard.

2) Open 7z folder

3) Copy all the files to a folder on the desktop

4) Run the file hpzsetup and proceed with the installation instructions.

5) Once the installation is complete, close the error message which was not closed above.

6) On the desktop, you can see HP Solution Center which might be in somewhat black color. Open this file and see if it is resolved or not.

6) If same error appears, then click on Start ==> All Programs ==> HP ==> Printer model name ==> Add a device. Complete the installation process

For printer models which support CUE 14 software:

1) First make sure that you are able to print and scan using MS Paint (For Network printers, try scan from printer webpage which can be opened using printer IP)

2) click on Start ==> All Programs ==> HP ==> Printer model name ==> Add a device. Complete the installation process

Note: For USB connected printer, first disconnect the USB cable from computer and perform "Add a Device"

After performing above steps if the HP Solution Center works, perform below steps:

1) Click on Start ==> Run ==> type services.msc and click OK. For Vista and Windows 7, click on Windows icon ==> In Search box type, services.msc and press Enter.

2) Look for the option, "HP CUE Device Discovery". Change the "Startup type" to "Manual".

Reply back and let me know if these steps are working or not.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tags (1)
terylbell Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 25 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp solution center cannot run because device installation is not complete

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
211 201 5 25
Message 26 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@terylbell wrote:

hp solution center cannot run because device installation is not complete

Install all the updates available for your computer and then try again.

I have more HP devices than you'd expect.
1 HP TouchPad 32 GB with Android
2 HP Touchsmarts (310-1000z and IQ527)
2 HP Printers (J6480 and J5750)
1 Laptop (HP DV6253CL)

Have at least some experience in each of those devices, and i'll do my best to help you.
Kudos if I helped!
0 Kudos
techno_sailor Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 1
Message 27 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Per Praveen_David's suggestions:

IT WORKED. 

Couple of comments on the procedure: (I was following the section for CUE14 software)

1. During the add device, the installation hanged after all the prompts were finished (screen was showing the progress bar, but never finished.  Finally got a fatal error message, and it sent a summary log to HP).

2.  I IGNORED the error and proceeded to the section on setting "HP CUE Device Discovery" to MANUAL.

3.  After doing the above, EVERYTHING WORKED, meaning I could now access HP Solution Center AND those applications (like Adobe Pro 9) were able to scan from within the application...

ALL TOLD, I have spent well over 100 man hours on tech support, personal research, and precise "trial and error" testing.  I am so happy to have this problem resolved.

I would like to offer some additional insights that I have learned from my journey to solve this problem....

1.  after Many Many attempts at solving, I finally started with a clean slate:  Reformatted my hard drive, reinstalled Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit version, did all the upgrades.

2.  Ran the HP install utility for the Photosmart Premium C309a printer (had downloaded the latest  FULL install package - PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_enu_140_047   NOTE:  did this first prior to installing any other software!

3. Completed the install.  Tested the printer and scanner:  everything worked from HP Solution Center.

4. Then installed ZONE ALARM EXTREME SECURITY vs 9.3.037

5. Set home network to trusted zone, retested HP printer and scanner [NOTE: printer always worked, scanner was the main source of problems through this total journey].  HP Solution Center worked as expected. 

6. Adjusted security settings on zone alarm to home network: Internet (not trusted).  Scanner no longer worked.  Set security setting on home network back to trusted, everything worked as expected.

7. THEN I INSTALLED ADOBE PRO Version 9.0.

8. Restested HP printer and scan both from HP solution center and from Adobe Pro.  EVERYTHING WORKED AS EXPECTED

9. THen performed the update on Adobe to VS 9.2 (this is the basic update for WINDOWS 7).  Retested printer.

10.  NOW things did not work... got the "HP Solution Ctr... cannot run.... not complete".

11.Restored my computer to just before the ADOBE ACROBAT PRO update to vs 9.2.  Retested Printer.. everything worked.. printer found, scanned properly, etc... 

12. Undid restore point... problem returned (HP Solution Center would not run.. etc. Note: I could scan from the web page)

13. FInished upgrading adobe acrobat to latest release (9.4.1)  .. retested... problem still there.

14.  THEN I found this posting from Praveen_David; followed his suggestions (note the first part where I had an install hangup), and NOW MY PRINTER and SCANNER WORK AS EXPECTED.. I am ONE HAPPY CAMPER.  

thanks so much, David.... I hope that the extra details I have provide about my problem solving effort may give HP some insight as to the cause of the problem.  I dont feel it is totally an HP problem or an ADOBE problem, but a problem as to how both software applications interact with the operating system.  

Sure hope this helps... 

CHURCHILL SAID"  Never give up! Never! Never! Never! Never!"

0 Kudos
jmadams74 Tutor
Tutor
8 8 0 2
Message 28 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think the answer for me is in here or it is close, I just need a little more help. Like many, I have been struggling for days to get my OJ 6500 E709a with strait USB cord to work. The printer works fine, but the HP Solution Center wont work and I get the message above. Everything goes fine until I get the fatal error during devise installation (subject of post) at the very end. I've reinstalled, erased with level 3, level 4, manually removed hp directories, cleaned temp files, limited the startup tray, disabled NAV, etc., most everything that has been suggested on many posts on here. My system is a Dell Inspiron 530 operating on Vista 32-bit SP2. I am trying to install using the CUE 14 that I downloaded and saved.

When I try to follow the instructions from Praveen-David, I have questions: Instruction 2 When I click Start =>All Programs=>HP I have no Printer model name to then choose from. What I substituted for this step was running the HP setup utility and selecting "Add a device" and doing it that way. . .Are these equivalent? As always, it goes to the end, gives the fatal error, then Solution Center won't work, etc.I then went to services.msc and easily found how to change HP CUE Device Discovery to "Manual" and did so. But here again, many questions. Do I start the device, stop the device, there are several more setting for how it should operate, etc. I didn't mess with any of these as the method here didn't specify. Again, I think I'm close but just need a bit more "How To" help.

Please advise. . .Thank You! 

PhD Student
PhD Student
465 457 32 315
Message 29 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jmadams74

You can use the CD and proceed with 'Add a Device. During this process if you receive any fatal error just proceed with the on-screen instructions. Once done open "services.msc".

Here you can double click the entry "HP CUE Device Discovery" entry. A window will open up. In this window, for the drop down menu for "Startup" type select "MANUAL". Then click on "Start".

Note: If "Start" button is not clickable or greyed out, then the service is already started.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
jmadams74 Tutor
Tutor
8 8 0 2
Message 30 of 219
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Following the instructions after the fatal error takes me through screens that capture the HP messages, it looks for a solution, says it found one and puts it on the desktop (it's the standard update windows, disable startup and try installing software again routine), then it automatically reboots while trying to delete part of the installation.

May be related. . .What port shoud the USB printer be on, it shows as being on USB0001 rather than the dot4 HP port. I'm wondering if windows is trying to install the device per "windows" drivers or something rather than per "HP's" desired installation.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation