Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello psiefker,

Have you tried the steps in my previous post? Did it help at all?

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

fan is not working

HP Recommended

Hi haw46:

Thank you for you post.  I am happy to help!

i understand that you are getting a fan error..  Here is documentation on "System Fan (90b) error message on startup"   click here.   Troubleshooting an Overheating and Auto Shutdown Issue  click here.  I hope these are useful.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have read your link, and they sad that you have to use a compressed air, but can I get it if i have still gurantee? 

Thanks in advance :3

HP Recommended

I have recieved this message and the fan still runs, but runs loudly, I do find when I browse the internet, it won't go after I expereiced this message, but that is only when i am not close to my router. It is fine when im on a university campus. I don't know if its my home connection or not, but my sisters have different laptops and their works fine. I never had this problem before, i also i have i-core7QM processor. I been trying to see if I need a BIOS update, but I the site is not recognizing my product number. My pc was self-customized when I ordered, would this be why I can't find it?

HP Pailion dv6 Notebook PC

A5F76AV

HP Recommended

the system detected that cooling fan is not operating correctly

HP Recommended

Yeah, I have the exact same problem, but when I start up my Sims 3 game is when it shuts off and says that message when I turn it back on. I don't think I have a HP laptop, I have a windows 7 Compaq computer.

I really don't want to take my computer apart because I don't want to break it and Im trying to get a can of comprssed air to see what what can do but I'm only 15 and I don't have no money at the moment. I would send it back to the company for them to fix it but no money.

I really need a solution to this if you find anything please do tell.

sincerely,

Dominique

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.