cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

"write-protected" issue for a SDHC card

HP Recommended

The file in my SDHC card (SanDisk 8GB class 6) can be read with my laptop (Pavilion dv2500). However, when I try to save a file, it show me "The disk is writen-protected." After I switch the card's lock tab, my laptop still show the same warning message.

My sony computer can save a file into the same SDHC card when the lock tab at the "Unlock" position.

Any idea for this issue? Thx

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 6
399 398 26 80
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello funee,

I would try formatting the card on the Pavilion see if that works

--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
148 148 6 38
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The card reader slot is internally a stainless metal housing with a small tab on the side which acts as a switch making contact with another piece of metal depending on the position the card lock piece is in.  Most likely your reader's switch is defective and it might be bent back to make contact again but otherwise it's an advanced soldering repair job that requires special unsoldering solder or a hot air gun to repair (meaning otherwise the whole mainboard needs replaced assuming the card reader is built onto the mainboard instead of a daughterboard.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You save my time.

It is good to know that. Thanks.

Message Edited by funee on 12-09-2008 08:35 PM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After pushed the piece of flexible metal in the card reader with my mini screwdriver, the card reader can save and delete the files now.

I think that piece of metal which tests the position of the card lock was blocked by the side of the slot or I should insert my SD card far inside.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation