cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Eeyore
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

removing HP simple pass from firefox toolbar

HP Recommended

Firefox 29.0.1

OS windows Home Premium

Simple Pass 6.0

PC Hp pavilion notebook m6

How do I get this darn icon off my toolbar?  I  tried right click remove from toolbar.  I tried customize toolbar.  I disabled the plug in.  I turned biometrics off in windows.  I can get it to go away, next reboot it is back.

I found a few hack approaches to kill it.  However surely HP must have a clean way to remove it, given they ship it. 

5 REPLIES 5
Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've since discovered disabling the addon added a large space in my url bar.  Enabling it, maybe I could understand, but disabling?  Maybe I should just remove this product until hp gets it right.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Noticed it's support pages gone, discovered company sold out to apple.  Is this even  viable software product?  Or should I just delete it and enjoy the blinking blue light on the scanner as a holiday decoration.

Of course HP may provide a viable replacementn :-(.

Intenditore
Level 3
44 32 1 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same qustion. This extention causes many bugs in my FF, and I can't get rid f that! What to do, answer us!

Intenditore
Level 3
44 32 1 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Eeyore
Author
Level 4
84 58 7 6
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried this, damm thin returns on reboot.  P said you gave me a kudos.  Yhanks not sure what I did.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation