cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
andrew_cab
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to recover using recovery media

15-an007tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought a laptop from a large retailer, it was a demo laptop.

I've created a set of recovery disks from the laptop and have attempted to do a recover using them. (when creating the disks i did get the recovery software to verify the disk for errors)

once i boot to the DVD drive i get the below error message.

your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Error code: 0x000000f

i've reset by BIOS to back to factory defaults and it makes no difference.

i noticed there is no recovery partition as well, im guessing the store deleted it for some  weird reason. this is not so much a problem if i can get these recovery disks working.

Operating System:

Windows 10

Model: 

Star Wars Special Edition Notebook - 15-an007tx

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,905
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unable to recover using recovery media

Hi  @andrew_cab,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link  as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that you purchased your notebook from a retailer and it was a demo model. You created your recovery media, but when you tried to use them you received the error 0x000000f.  You tried restoring the bios but there was no change.  When you checked you noticed that  you do not have a recovery partition. To verify that you are just  not seeing the partition because it is hidden  please try the following:

• Press the Windows key +X to open the menu
  • Choose Disk Management
  • Click view and if you see an option to show hidden partitions, choose it
  • Do you see your recovery partition?

Here are links to assist you with the recovery process and troubleshooting it:

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

HP PCs - Creating and Using a Microsoft Recovery USB Drive (Windows 10)

HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 10)

If you are still unable to complete the recovery,  as you should be under warranty, please contact HP Support and advised them of your difficulty.  They should be able to assist you.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Please let me know the outcome.

To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation