Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
You're very welcome!
HP Recommended

i have the same problem, well at least i think i do.

my cq56 presario cannot connect to any wireless networks

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_1605103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_1605103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

that is my hardware id

HP Recommended

Hi:

The hardware ID's you posted are for your wired network adapter, so if you are having wireless connection issues, you need to post the hardware ID's for the Network Controller, or your wireless card is installed (look under the network adapters section in the device manager), and you have some other issue.

Below is the link to the driver you need for the Realtik gigabit wired network adapter.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-75595-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Paul

HP Recommended
Thanks for everything. I used the steps from earlier to find my exact series and just happen to download the correct driver. Everything works now
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you got your wireless adapter to work.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have this type of wireless adapter 

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01\4&201108AE&0&0028. I am using XP. Please help me with the driver.

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hi, Homeuser:

You need this driver for your Broadcom wireless card. (Don't ask my why the info is in Spanish as I got this from the USA - English website).

The driver will work none the less.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Best regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, you`re the best!!!!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

HP Recommended

Can someone kindly help a mother out??? LOL Seriously, I am fixing, or at least attempting to repair my son's Compaq Presario CQ56. I re-installed Windows 7(I hope properly). I have attempted several various installs and each time the Network Controller is "Unknow", so I have done my research online to come to this site, where I see I am not the only one with this identical issue. I have gone into the Details, Network Controller drop down and I am posting the first line highlighted attop the list. If ANYONE can help me from here, I would GREATLY appreciate any help! Thanks a bunch!!!

M:smileyhappy:

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_1636103C&REV_00

the next in line are the following in case this helps at all, if not, I'm covering all bases for quicker resolve:

PCI\VEN1814&DEV_5390&SUBSYS_1636103C

PCI\VEN1814&DEV_5390&CC_028000

PCI\VEN1814&DEV_5390&CC_0280

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.