Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 806
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

When I am printing a 1000 or so individual print jobs that range from 1 to 10 pages and  we have to replenish paper a couple of times.  When we replenish the paper the printer prints several blank pages and then prints on the left half of several.  It will eventually go back to printing normally if I wait long enough or if I restart the printer it seems to be OK when it comes back up.  The printer thinks it is printing on the pages that are blank as when it corrects itself it is several jobs forward and we then have to reprint that section of the jobs.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tpowell24 

Just one idea...

HP LaserJet Enterprise M806 - User Guide

The user manual warns that the paper should not be changed during print operations.

If this is what is happening, then you might try breaking the job groups into smaller batches so the jobs have a better chance of completing before you need to change the paper.

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP LaserJet Enterprise M806 Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Are you  loading up both M806 500 sheet cassette trays and sending print jobs totaling 1,000 pages?  Then, replacing paper when a tray becomes empty?  Or are you printing from one cassette tray and replacing paper when that tray becomes empty?  Either way, the print job should print in order.   Find a 20-25 page PDF or word print job.  Put 10 sheets of paper in the appropriate paper tray.  Send print job twice.   When tray ask for more paper, install 10 more sheets at a time until jobs are completed.  If test jobs print normally, problem may be with the way jobs are submitted.  Need more info on printer paper set up, connection method (wireless or wired), and the software that is producing print jobs.   Attach a configuration page if you can.

HP Recommended

If you are routinely printing jobs that large, you may want to consider adding the base unit that features a much larger paper capacity which will reduce/eliminate the need to add paper. Depending on the page count you may also want to inspect the feed and separation rollers in the trays for wear. The rollers should have either parallel lines or fingerprint like ridges.  If the rollers are smooth (bald) then it may be misfeeding the first couple of pages. We find that reliability of feed with rollers drops off when the rollers get too worn. Black arrows are the feed and separation rollers, other roller is the pickup roller and we rarely see issues with them.

Repairatrooper_0-1629609944995.png

Here is a link to an HP document on accessing the rollers https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04193211

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.