Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I print anything, the printer grabs more than one page, usually two or more sheets.  The printed text is not aligned on the paper correctly because it grabs so many pages.  When I pull the tray out, it seems to slide back and forth freely, which may contribute to the feeding problem.    I am on my 3rd new printer.  The first 2 were 9015's with the same problem.  I changed to 8025e in hopes that the tray design issue had been corrected, but has not.  I have had an open HP support ticket open which was closed when I got the 8025 but I will be opening a new one.  Has anyone figured out how to keep the tray from slipping to 14", i.e. tape?? LOL

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You need to make sure that you have loaded the paper correctly and align the back edge with markings in tray. The front edge of the paper should align with the front paper tray enge. If you load paper too much forward the printer feeds two or more sheets at once. The tray extension must be locked.

1649834521666.jpg

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

When the guide is at 11” the paper goes up the back upward guides.  Also, the paper length guide will not lock at 11 inch length paper, it SLIDES back to 14” which when combined with the non-working 11” paper length guide problem renders the printer un-useable.  The picture you included looks good, but it is not the tray in a 9015 nor an 8025.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.