Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer
Other

Anyone who can direct me how to get my paper that's stuck to be removed?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Heidi1942,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand there's a general guide to help you remove a paper jam from your HP OfficeJet Pro 6978.

• Turn off the printer: This is the first step to avoid any damage to the printer or yourself during the removal process.
  • Access the jam area: Open the printer cover or access panel. Typically, for paper jams, you would check the input and output trays, as well as the rear access panel if your printer has one.
  • Locate the jammed paper: Carefully inspect the printer for any visible shreds of paper or any other debris. The jammed paper could be torn, so make sure to check thoroughly.
  • Remove the paper: Gently pull the jammed paper out of the printer. Be cautious not to tear it further, as this could complicate the removal process.
  • Check for remaining debris: After removing the jammed paper, check for any small bits of paper or other debris that might be left behind. Use a flashlight if necessary to see into the printer's mechanisms.
  • Close the printer cover/access panel: Once you're sure all the jammed paper and debris have been removed, securely close the printer cover or access panel.
  • Turn on the printer: After ensuring that everything is back in place, turn on the printer and check if it operates normally.

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer User manual

HP OfficeJet 8010, Pro 8020, and 8030 Printers - Paper jam error

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.