cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
AnnPiece
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Can't print using wifi

HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet M1212nf MFP
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hello!

I suddently lost the ability to print using my wifi network, from my Macbook (OSX Yosemite) Air computer to my HP Printer. 

Interestingly, I have a second older Macbook on the same desk, which has not lost its wifi printing ability. 

I did the following already: 

1. changed the cable to the router to a new one. 

2. downloaded new printer drivers. 

But! 

I can't find any software with which to re-install the printer onto my computer. 

Help would be much appreciated. 

Ann

6 REPLIES 6
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 7,683 427 603
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @AnnPiece,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are unable to find the latest drivers for your HP Printer after upgrading the OS.

I suggest that you install the built-in drivers from Apple Update by checking the link: http://hp.care/2fxNaqo

If the issue persists, then you may reset the printing systems from the link:  Resetting the Printing System (Mac)

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
AnnPiece
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry Rainbow 23, that solution didn't work. First of all, you summarized the problem as "I understand that you are unable to find the latest drivers for your HP Printer after upgrading the OS." 

But that is not my problem!

1. Could I trouble you to take another look at the problem and try again? 

2. Remember- another old computer on the same desk has no problems connecting to the printer via wifi and printing. Just this computer seems to have a problem. 

3. Remember- I did download new drivers- I just can't seem to install them. 

4. I don't want to reset my printing systems- that could mess up my other printer. 

5.  In any case, I checked the link you suggested below,  http://hp.care/2fxNaqo, and one of the first things it said was this: "Before installing the software, turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the computer you want to print or scan from, either with a USB cable or through your local Wi-Fi or wired network." 

Perhaps this is one of my problems. I have no idea how to check that the printer is connected to the computer through wifi. 

I'd be very grateful if you could consider each of these 5 points. 

Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
AnnPiece
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, Rainbow 23. Unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem at all. 

Please consider these points:

1. You wrote "I understand that you are unable to find the latest drivers for your HP Printer after upgrading the OS."  Please re-read my original message. That is not my problem! I found the latest drivers and downloaded them. I just don't know how to install them. 

2. Don't forget that I have an older Macbook on the same desk that has no problem prinnting wirelessly from the same computer. Just this computer (the one I use) has a problem. Why is that? 

3. I don't want to use your last resort solution: "If the issue persists, then you may reset the printing systems from the link:  Resetting the Printing System (Mac)". I am worried that I will not be able to use my other printer as well. 

4. I did try the link you suggested, even though I didn't have a problem downloading drivers. The link was: 

: http://hp.care/2fxNaqo

One of the first things I read there was a problem. It said: "Before installing the software, turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the computer you want to print or scan from, either with a USB cable or through your local Wi-Fi or wired network." 

Well, I have no idea how to make sure that the computer and the printer are connected through a wifi network. Can you help?

I'd be grateful if you'd consider each of these 4 points. 

Many thanks, 

Ann

0 Kudos
AnnPiece
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

test

0 Kudos
AnnPiece
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Rainbow 23. Unfortunately, that solution does not work. 

1. You wrote "I understand that you are unable to find the latest drivers for your HP Printer after upgrading the OS." Actually, that is not my problem. I found the latest drivers. Please re-read my original post. I just can't install them - can't find any software to do that. 

2. As I wrote in my original post, I have an older unused Mac sitting on the same desk, which has no problem connecting wirelessly to the printer. So why did the Mac I actually use suddently stop connecting via wifi to the printer? 

3. I really don't want to use your solution of last resort: "If the issue persists, then you may reset the printing systems from the link:  Resetting the Printing System (Mac)" I am concerned that I will lose the ability to use my other backup printer. 

4. Despite what I wrote above, I tried the link you suggested anyhow: http://hp.care/2fxNaqo. One of the first things it said was : 

"Before installing the software, turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to the computer you want to print or scan from, either with a USB cable or through your local Wi-Fi or wired network." 
Well I have no idea how ot make sure that my printer and computer are connected via Wifi. Perhaps this is part of the problem. 

I'd be grateful if you could consider each of these 4 points. Thank you!
Ann

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,785 26,658 1,466 1,537
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AnnPiece

I see that you were interacting with @Rainbow23. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

As you have already tried these steps and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation