cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Changing Name of HP scan profile

HP Recommended
HP MFP M477
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have multiple HP MFP M477 printers that are connected to one computer. I am able to change the name of the printer in the device manager which helps to differeniate which printer I am printing to. 

The issue is with scanning. When I use the desktop application HP CLJM477 Scan, it shows this:

capture2.PNG

I could not find a way to rename these from the application itself. 

I did some searching and found that you can change the friendly name in the registry.

Capture3.PNG

I have not tired this yet as I would like to know from HP/other users if this works? Does the name remain changed after rebooting?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,804 12,757 1,281 3,165
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try to go to Control Panel > View Devices and Printers > Righ Click and go to Printer Properties and then change the name there.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
12 5 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue and that did not work.

OP also mentioned that they were able to change the name of the printer but can't change name of scan profile.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation